Warrington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Warrington

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

How much trouble are Warrington actually in? Tolouse are the most likely to go down with Wakeys upsurge in form but looking at the next couple of fixtures

Tolouse play Hull KR - KR are really struggling with injuries i can see Tolouse winning this
Wire play us - i cant see us losing to them at present

then the following week they play each other if Tolouse win that they would be level on points with Wire albeit with a likely heavy points deficiency

after that Wire have

Leeds
Cas
Hudds
Salford

Tolouse have

Us
Catalan
Hull Fc
Saints

so on the face of it they have the harder run but they play us the week before we play saints so Peet may potentially rest some players. Hull are beatable and they will play Saints the week before the play-offs so they may rest players too.

I know wire will be safe but since round 3 they are the worst team in superleague bar none - so its actually getting a realistic proposition they could be in trouble
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Re: Warrington

Post by Charriots Offiah »

They will be fine. Wire will be up for Friday's game, we need to make sure we are.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:21 am They will be fine. Wire will be up for Friday's game, we need to make sure we are.
Totally agree. We need to be on our game. Powell will be spitting his vile for us.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I couldn't see us releastically losing to Leeds but we did.

Wire have some frailties currently and we need to jump on them. Hopefully Cooper has his best game of the year :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

If Wigan are 5 points clear of 3rd when we play Toulouse I can see us resting players for the Saints game the week later.....
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm If Wigan are 5 points clear of 3rd when we play Toulouse I can see us resting players for the Saints game the week later.....
There is no way that the coaching staff would rest players for a Saints game bar injuries!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

After what happened last time I would think we will steer clear of resting players, momentum is what is needed
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

What's Wakey's upsurge in form?

They narrowly missed out on beating a Stains side who got planted V Salford. Toulouse have Hull KR next who are depleted? I acknowledge they hammered Cas (derby day), but form is key, nothing to firmly say who gets relegated yet! The days of 'certain' SL wins are long over!

As for Wire, they'll want to plant us Friday and could be huge motivation to beat us and push for the playoffs. Il be very angry if Peet loses his first home league game against Wire!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:27 pm After what happened last time I would think we will steer clear of resting players, momentum is what is needed
Totally agree meds. And a derby game on a fans point of view is last thing we want
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:23 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm If Wigan are 5 points clear of 3rd when we play Toulouse I can see us resting players for the Saints game the week later.....
There is no way that the coaching staff would rest players for a Saints game bar injuries!!
I agree.