Warrington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Warrington

Post by moto748 »

I don't think that's what Dan meant, Josie. Or, at least, that's how I read it.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:36 am I don't think that's what Dan meant, Josie. Or, at least, that's how I read it.
I certainly read it as we would rest players in the Toulouse game with one eye on the Saints game
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:11 am
moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:36 am I don't think that's what Dan meant, Josie. Or, at least, that's how I read it.
I certainly read it as we would rest players in the Toulouse game with one eye on the Saints game
I’ve re read it again & I can understand what he really meant 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:12 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:23 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm If Wigan are 5 points clear of 3rd when we play Toulouse I can see us resting players for the Saints game the week later.....
There is no way that the coaching staff would rest players for a Saints game bar injuries!!
I agree.
Sorry, but the way I read Dan's post was that we might rest some players v Toulouse because we play Saints the following match????
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:22 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:23 pm

There is no way that the coaching staff would rest players for a Saints game bar injuries!!
I agree.
Sorry, but the way I read Dan's post was that we might rest some players v Toulouse because we play Saints the following match????
if we are 5 points clear.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

We rested players last year against saints prior to a cup semi final Vs Leeds. Saints hammered us and then we lost the semi. Lesson learnt hopefully
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:00 am

I agree.
If we are 5 points clear I can still see us resting players v Toulouse. lose that and we are still 3 clear, bring them back for the saints game & if we lose that we are still third, the five points is almost a safety net for us to utilise our whole squad without serious detriment to league position, the players will then have had a rest for the run in and the play offs.... Saints did similar v London the last few times they played each other, I think the difference to last season is the mentality of the place and the togetherness, that and the fact we rested players for a knockout game and lost, this would be totally different as its not a do or die game (points wise v saints). It gives the fringe players more game time as well for the run in in case they are needed. I also expect our team with 4 or 5 changes to still be able to beat Toulouse at home, as will the coaches I'm sure.

most probably we wont rest players like a lot of you are saying but I can just see it happening if we are comfy in 2nd.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:09 am

If we are 5 points clear I can still see us resting players v Toulouse. lose that and we are still 3 clear, bring them back for the saints game & if we lose that we are still third, the five points is almost a safety net for us to utilise our whole squad without serious detriment to league position, the players will then have had a rest for the run in and the play offs.... Saints did similar v London the last few times they played each other, I think the difference to last season is the mentality of the place and the togetherness, that and the fact we rested players for a knockout game and lost, this would be totally different as its not a do or die game (points wise v saints). It gives the fringe players more game time as well for the run in in case they are needed. I also expect our team with 4 or 5 changes to still be able to beat Toulouse at home, as will the coaches I'm sure.

most probably we wont rest players like a lot of you are saying but I can just see it happening if we are comfy in 2nd.
I hope you don’t think I was being facetious with my earlier reply to you post, when I re read it I understood what you meant 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:53 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:09 am

I hope you don’t think I was being facetious with my earlier reply to you post, when I re read it I understood what you meant 😊
not at all Josie, don't worry
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:56 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:53 pm
not at all Josie, don't worry
👍🏼😊