Oliver Gildart joins Roosters on short-term deal from Wests Tigers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Paradox

Oliver Gildart joins Roosters on short-term deal from Wests Tigers

Post by Paradox »

English centre Oliver Gildart has joined the Roosters for the remainder of the season.

Gildart is contracted to the Tigers and will return to the club in 2023 but the 25-year-old will head to Bondi Junction for the rest of this year.

Just ahead of the deadline for clubs to finalise their top 30 rosters, Gildart's arrival will give coach Trent Robinson another option in a backline which has seen several different iterations so far this year.

What Gildart's move to the Roosters means for their existing centre options remains to be seen, but it's hardly a show of faith in the likes of Kevin Naiqama, Adam Keighran and even Paul Momirovski.

With Billy Smith ruled out for the season with an ACL injury and others seemingly out of favour, Gildart may well be named to make his Roosters debut in Thursday night's clash with Brisbane at the SCG.

The Roosters currently sit in eight spot with games against the Broncos, Cowboys, Tigers, Storm and Rabbitohs to come.

Robinson will be hoping Gildart can be the final piece of the puzzle in an unlikely premiership tilt.

Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe meanwhile confirmed the club was still intending for Gildart to return next season.

“This works for Oliver, and it works for us as well. So strategically, it makes sense.

“Oliver will return to us after this short loan and begin preparing for 2023.”

Gildart joins David Nofoaluma in departing the Tigers on short-term loan deals in recent days.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugby-l ... ug8dksckpn
Barney841

Re: Oliver Gildart joins Roosters on short-term deal from Wests Tigers

Post by Barney841 »

Don’t think he will get much of a look in.
Good luck though
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Neither do I, didn't do Joe Burgess many favours pissing about between South's and Roosters!

I'd imagine he'll train, make the odd appearance and play for their feeder club.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Gildart is nowhere near Momirovski, and it's dubious whether he's better than the other two.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:51 pm Neither do I, didn't do Joe Burgess many favours pissing about between South's and Roosters!

I'd imagine he'll train, make the odd appearance and play for their feeder club.
Thought Joe found a bit of form with Souths?
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Thought Joe found a bit of form with Souths?
[/quote]

He did if I remember correctly, started scoring a few try’s. Believe he might of said he would of stayed there if he hadn’t already resigned for Wigan.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

w.thomas wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:56 pm Thought Joe found a bit of form with Souths?
He did if I remember correctly, started scoring a few try’s. Believe he might of said he would of stayed there if he hadn’t already resigned for Wigan.
[/quote]

Correct.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan