Harry Rushton heading home.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Dan2266

Re: Harry Rushton realeased

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am Hopefully to Wigan.
Huddersfield according to Matthew Shaw
fozzieskem

Re: Harry Rushton realeased

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:58 am Hopefully to Wigan.
Huddersfield according to Matthew Shaw
I don't think,(from my very dodgy memory), wigan where overly Impressed when he went off to join Canberra he was one I never thought would return to be honest to Wigan.
Caboosegg

Re: Harry Rushton heading home.

Post by Caboosegg »

Small part that I'm sure some will miss.

Wigan where made aware but priorities are elsewhere.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wonder if that's an indication to Chris McQueens future.... he's out of contract end of the season
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The move is another example of the Giants investing in young, English forwards

Is it... what investment did Huddersfield put in other than taking advantage of other clubs hard work.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

3 games in the NRL and couldn't hack it in Aussie . Had a chance with Wigan and blew it . KPP will probably do the same. These guys need to learn their trade before the bright lights of Oz dazzle
them

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm 3 games in the NRL and couldn't hack it in Aussie . Had a chance with Wigan and blew it . KPP will probably do the same. These guys need to learn their trade before the bright lights of Oz dazzle
them

EW
Probably a bit harsh that. Just suffered a serious injury so maybe made him think differently.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I think it must be really tough for a young player getting an offer from Australia.

On one hand they aren’t properly ready but on the other they’ve been told how short of a career rugby is their whole lives.

Added to this that these young guys could pick up a nasty injury at any point and the interest from NRL could vanish overnight.

But I do agree it would be of value to players to stay around a bit longer to hone their skills and be ready for NRL if that is what they want to do. Alternatively, they could stay and become a regular starter here and stay their whole career and become a club legend somewhere. I’m sure O’Loughlin will have had many chances to leave, but he remained with us.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fujiman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:19 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:59 pm 3 games in the NRL and couldn't hack it in Aussie . Had a chance with Wigan and blew it . KPP will probably do the same. These guys need to learn their trade before the bright lights of Oz dazzle
them

EW
Probably a bit harsh that. Just suffered a serious injury so maybe made him think differently.
Being that bit older though you can cope with injuries and the like you don't have the life skills at the age he went over and was always going to end like this,KPP should look lo g and hard before committing g to going over 3 or 4 more years older makes.all the difference