GIANTS MAKE MAMMOTH DOUBLE RETENTION

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

GIANTS MAKE MAMMOTH DOUBLE RETENTION

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield Giants have continued their retention work for 2023, as Ashton Golding and Chris McQueen have signed a two year and one year deal respectively with the club.

Chris McQueen arrived during the 2020 Season as has become a pivotal part of Ian Watson's push for silverware, scoring 21 tries in 50 appearances for the club. The 35-year-old is currently the top scoring forward in the Betfred Super League and became the first Giants player since Peter Ramsden to win the Lance Todd Trophy during Huddersfield's recent Betfred Challenge Cup Final appearance.

Golding, the 25-year-old utility player who can play a number of positions including Full-Back, Winger and Hooker, has scored 5 tries in 42 appearances for the club since arriving from Leeds Rhinos in 2020.

Huddersfield Giants Head Coach Ian Watson said: "Ashton Golding is an ace player and not just on the field but he adds so much more around the team, and we've seen the impact he can have when he's on the field. As for Chris McQueen, we've been talking about keeping him for a while so to get it done is fantastic for everyone, again not just his ability on the field but the winning mentality he brings is exactly what we want in this squad. But very happy to be keeping both."

Chris McQueen said: "It's great to be extending my stay with Huddersfield Giants and I'm really glad to be continuing my career with this great club. I've really enjoyed my time here at Huddersfield Giants, I can see us having a lot of on-field success in the very near future. I'm excited to extend my contract and be a part of that and work towards achieving our goals of bringing some silverware to the club in the coming years."

Ashton Golding said: "I'm delighted to have extended my contract with Huddersfield, it's great to be in such a good environment and to be helping this club achieve it's goals. We're moving in a good direction and looking to continue competing for silverware and I'm excited to do my bit to make that happen."

https://www.giantsrl.com/article/8191/g ... -retention
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: GIANTS MAKE MAMMOTH DOUBLE RETENTION

Post by josie andrews »

Think we need to start announcing signings soon, especially as have Giants before an important game ……
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:03 pm Think we need to start announcing signings soon, especially as have Giants before an important game ……
No rush for me. 2022 is more important.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good player McQueen no surprise they've kept hold of him
pedro

Post by pedro »

Golding mammoth?? :lol: :lol: