Rugby League's play-acting problem the RFL want to ignore

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
culinator

Re: Rugby League's play-acting problem the RFL want to ignore

Post by culinator »

medlocke wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:47 pm
culinator wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:25 pm I think someone else said something similar but...

Surely the easiest way, if a player is down and play has to stop because of it then said player should leave the field for a minimum time whilst assessed, doesnt stop milking for penalties but its a start
And during that period the players team plays on with only 12 men
Exactly yes, that would put a stop to some at least i feel.
The worst thing about this is now i feel i cant wear my T-shirt with the football vs Rugby slogan on
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The set time for a player to pass a HIA is 15 mins.
Perhaps the RFL should stipulate that if a player has a head knock and the doctor is called onto the field with play being stopped then that player should be off the field for the 15 mins.
Make it a minimum and a maximum period of time.
No player will play act to win time if he's then mandated to leave the field for 15 mins.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not quite on topic, but on the subject of head assesments - IMO too many players go down after head knocks - have obviously been affected, stay on the field after passing a HIA, then have to be removed later. I think all HIAs should be officiated by independent medical staff who should have the power to step in if they see an incident on video. Too many clubs just keep their players on, even after they've obviously been knocked out for a short while.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:23 pm Not quite on topic, but on the subject of head assesments - IMO too many players go down after head knocks - have obviously been affected, stay on the field after passing a HIA, then have to be removed later. I think all HIAs should be officiated by independent medical staff who should have the power to step in if they see an incident on video. Too many clubs just keep their players on, even after they've obviously been knocked out for a short while.
That’s what happens in the NRL.