We're going after second place': Ian Watson makes Huddersfield Giants target clear ahead of Castleford Tigers test

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: We're going after second place': Ian Watson makes Huddersfield Giants target clear ahead of Castleford Tigers test

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:33 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:56 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:40 pm

I know what you mean. I often wonder on the command of the English language & the literacy of some of these reporters!
Very good point. The education system is more concerned with spreading its woke curriculum rather than educating young people correctly.
Blimey that happened quick, it's only been a thing for 2 years!
Uncontrolled fire spreads very quickly.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: We're going after second place': Ian Watson makes Huddersfield Giants target clear ahead of Castleford Tigers test

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:49 pm

Very good point. The education system is more concerned with spreading its woke curriculum rather than educating young people correctly.
Uncontrolled fire spreads very quickly.
At first, Id imagined this journo left school after the woke agenda was a thing. I wasn't sure a woke school agenda could be responsible for this turn of phrase. I also thought I'd read everyone slagging off the playoffs on another thread saying the system should be first past the post to stop a random team winning from 5th, which it appeared this journo agreed with.

However, I now see that this particular article is actually a liberal conspiracy to undermine the British way of life, just like everything else. It's hard not to feel attacked by the phrase "end of season lottery", which is clearly an indictment of the current state of education now I think about it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:54 pm

I don’t know what this word means anymore! To me it’s the past tense of wake 😴😴
I think that's right Josie. Or is it waked?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

FFS woke.....

Woke is just a phrase made up to try and insult others for caring about the majority and not the minority.

There is no woke agenda in schools and anyone who believes there is should join the flat earthers and covid 5g believers.

Its just an example of proof reading being an afterthought.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Watson is basing his thoughts on his last fixures compared to ours.
Hudds are away at Leeds on Thursday, home to Wire om Monday then home to Wakey in their last game.
We have Saints home on Friday, HKR away Monday then Catalans home in our last game.

Watson probably reckons Hudds will win all three. He will also be thinking we'll lose v Saints then lose at HKR as we have a day less recovery then Rovers. That we will win v Catalans will be in his mind too.

That scenario would mean Hudds finish second.
Of course if we win all three then his aims go straight out the window,