James Batchelor on why he is swapping Wakefield for HKR as move confirmed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

James Batchelor on why he is swapping Wakefield for HKR as move confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

James Batchelor says “challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone” were big motivations in making the move to Hull KR from Wakefield Trinity.

The forward’s transfer has now been confirmed, signing a two-year contract at Craven Park from the start of next season.

Batchelor, 24, has spent his whole career to date at Wakefield but has played his final game for the club as a hamstring injury has ruled him out for their remaining games.

“I’m at that point in my career where it’s not only about playing consistently, week-in week-out, but challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone,” said Batchelor of the switch to East Yorkshire.

“It’s going to be something new, I’m excited for some Friday night games in front of the fans at Sewell Group Craven Park. It’s always been a great atmosphere every time I’ve played at Hull KR.

“I want to really kick on at KR and be challenging for things every year. I want to win some silverware. I think we can do something special as a team.

“Leaving my hometown team after so many years was tough and I wanted to make sure I was making the right decision. I spoke to Willie (Peters, incoming Robins’ head coach) about the club, himself and how he wants to play and within ten minutes he’d sold me on it.

“I think how Willie wants us to play and what he values as a coach is exactly the environment I want to be a part of.”

https://www.totalrl.com/james-batchelor ... confirmed/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: James Batchelor on why he is swapping Wakefield for HKR as move confirmed

Post by josie andrews »

I’m at that point in my career where it’s not only about playing consistently, week-in week-out, but challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone,” said Batchelor of the switch to East Yorkshire.

I want to really kick on at KR and be challenging for things every year. I want to win some silverware. I think we can do something special as a team.
🥴🥴
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:33 am
I’m at that point in my career where it’s not only about playing consistently, week-in week-out, but challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone,” said Batchelor of the switch to East Yorkshire.

I want to really kick on at KR and be challenging for things every year. I want to win some silverware. I think we can do something special as a team.
🥴🥴
:D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

🥴🥴
He will be able to go for silverware. Knives and forks at Tesco with the extra money he will be on. Going for the challenge is bollocks.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:55 pm

🥴🥴
He will be able to go for silverware. Knives and forks at Tesco with the extra money he will be on. Going for the challenge is bollocks.
:lol: