‘We should have been given 3 years’:Toulouse Olympique boss rues no relegation exemption

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan Watcher

Re: ‘We should have been given 3 years’:Toulouse Olympique boss rues no relegation exemption

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:23 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:18 am What I cant get my head around is we play teams more than twice in the league. Does anyone know exactly how that works. Do we play everyone three times and how can it be a fair system to everyone if we don't???

Have I got this completely wrong?
Playoffs mean the league doesn't have to be "fair" (i.e. play all the teams the same number of times) and it hasn't been organized like that since 2019. The "loop fixtures" used to be allocated by a formula, but you can't do that now because there's only 5 so they fudge it. More info here: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ed-6257931
Blimey! It does look disjointed, mind you yet again the powers running the league have got it wrong again.. Who makes these systems up.... Let's get back to a better way of doing it!
We all play each other twice and if more games are needed bring back a flood lit comp or similar.