‘We should have been given 3 years’:Toulouse Olympique boss rues no relegation exemption

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: ‘We should have been given 3 years’:Toulouse Olympique boss rues no relegation exemption

Post by fozzieskem »

In our sport I think promotion and relegation simply doesn't work as we all seem to agree Touliuse should have got more time than the year they got all teams should go to a licensing system and have done with it
Wigan Watcher

Re: ‘We should have been given 3 years’:Toulouse Olympique boss rues no relegation exemption

Post by Wigan Watcher »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:49 am
pedro wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:01 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:35 pm

To help to expand our game. France is waiting to be tapped into.

Who knows, maybe help the game move through Europe?
so only foreign teams get the exemption? just bring back licensing and then its all fair, if the French game was ready to be tapped into it should have its own fully pro league, thats expansion
I’ve said the same thing!
Plant a seed and hope it grows!

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:26 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:49 am [quot=pedro post_id=515571 time=1661151695 user_id=1772]

so only foreign teams get the exemption? just bring back licensing and then its all fair, if the French game was ready to be tapped into it should have its own fully pro league, thats expansion
I’ve said the same thing!
Plant a seed and hope it grows!
[/quote]

With those lot at the RFL they’d either forget to water it or stand on it!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

First past the post + licencing = very few teams with anything to play for after a 10 rounds. Not the most interesting comp for the fans, which is probably why we are where we are.

I'd like to see all promoted teams get a 1 year amnesty from relegation. They are massively disadvantaged in the transfer market in the first year in SL - all the players have been signed before they even know they are up. Not sure how this could work in practise, but something has to be done about the promoted team's opportunity to build a SL standard squad.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:23 pm First past the post + licencing = very few teams with anything to play for after a 10 rounds. Not the most interesting comp for the fans, which is probably why we are where we are.

I'd like to see all promoted teams get a 1 year amnesty from relegation. They are massively disadvantaged in the transfer market in the first year in SL - all the players have been signed before they even know they are up. Not sure how this could work in practise, but something has to be done about the promoted team's opportunity to build a SL standard squad.
Yes 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fully agree too. And this is a common-sense move which could easily be introduced. Will they do it? I'm not holding my breath. :roll:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Or, worse, choose to increase the size of SL. I think that would be a mistake.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Since promotion and relegation was reintroduced post licensing, what is the conversion rate of promoted teams going straight back down?

It must surely be 90%+ which tells you everything you need to know.

Licensing should be brought back as it forces teams in the super league to work on all of the most important aspects of being a sports team.

It also gives teams in the lower league an opportunity to start building over a period of time in advance against set criteria.

Long shot but it could be a way to increasing the size of the league if all of the Super League are meeting the criteria along with teams in the league below.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

What I cant get my head around is we play teams more than twice in the league. Does anyone know exactly how that works. Do we play everyone three times and how can it be a fair system to everyone if we don't???

Have I got this completely wrong?

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:18 am What I cant get my head around is we play teams more than twice in the league. Does anyone know exactly how that works. Do we play everyone three times and how can it be a fair system to everyone if we don't???

Have I got this completely wrong?
Playoffs mean the league doesn't have to be "fair" (i.e. play all the teams the same number of times) and it hasn't been organized like that since 2019. The "loop fixtures" used to be allocated by a formula, but you can't do that now because there's only 5 so they fudge it. More info here: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ed-6257931
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐