Disciplinary Round 24

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Disciplinary Round 24

Post by josie andrews »

John Bateman

Competition:
Super League

Match:
Wigan v Toulouse

Match Date:
2022-08-19

Incident:
Pulling opponent’s hair

Decision:
Charge

Charge Detail:
Law 15.1 (i)

Other Contrary Behaviour

Grade A

Sanctions:
0 Match Penalty Notice

Decision On Charge

Decision On Sanction (where found to have committed Misconduct)

https://www.rugby-league.com/governance ... case=16237
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Green Machine

Re: Disciplinary Round 24

Post by Green Machine »

I can’t understand how Faraimo who deliberately ran into the ref ( and I watched it) gets a caution whereas O’ Neill got a two match ban reduced to one for the same offence :shock:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:45 pm I can’t understand how Faraimo who deliberately ran into the ref ( and I watched it) gets a caution whereas O’ Neill got a two match ban reduced to one for the same offence :shock:
It wasn’t deliberate from O’Neill, the referee backed into him, he should have been aware that he was in the middle of play 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Yes, I just meant that both were charged with contact with referee, one resulted in a ban and the other didn’t. Faraimos was deliberate.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:20 pm Yes, I just meant that both were charged with contact with referee, one resulted in a ban and the other didn’t. Faraimos was deliberate.
He just got a caution! And then you have other clubs fans saying Wigan have the referees & disciplinary in our pockets 🤨
moto748

Post by moto748 »

There was one I just watched on the Superleague Show, can't remember which game, the guy seemed to bounce off the ref in attempting to ground the ball in a better position. It did cross my mind, could he be penalised on the basis that he could have got the ball to ground sooner and avoided the ref? I dunno, I haven't seen it back. It might have been Leeds, I'm not sure.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:25 pm There was one I just watched on the Superleague Show, can't remember which game, the guy seemed to bounce off the ref in attempting to ground the ball in a better position. It did cross my mind, could he be penalised on the basis that he could have got the ball to ground sooner and avoided the ref? I dunno, I haven't seen it back. It might have been Leeds, I'm not sure.
Yes, that was the Leeds game and i was thinking similar. Almost a hand off to get the ref out the way :)
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well if he's got away with that one, considering he initiated the contact, it makes the other cases look very harsh.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:35 pm Well if he's got away with that one, considering he initiated the contact, it makes the other cases look very harsh.
yep, its not even noted in the minutes, so no-one saw anything wrong with it even after review. i'm not saying it warranted a ban, but when you consider the O'Neill incident where he got 2 games for moving across the defensive line, then this incident certainly should have been reviewed, even if they see no charge from it
josie andrews

Liam Hood: Wakefield hooker given three-match ban for shoulder charge

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Trinity's Liam Hood has been banned for three games for a shoulder charge during their win at Hull FC.

Hood, who also scored a try in Friday's 26-12 victory, was found guilty of a grade D offence and will now miss the rest of the season.

A tribunal also rejected Wakefield's appeal against a similar ban imposed on Kelepi Tanginoa.

He was charged with Grade C dangerous contact following their match against Wigan Warriors on 12 August.

Wakefield are next in action at home to Hull KR on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/62653793