ROBY Commits to play on in 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: ROBY Commits to play on in 2023

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t understand the love in with Eddie’s love child Roby?

They keep going on about how many games he has played, he played about 300 off the bench until Kieron Cunningham retired.

When he was ‘pushed’ by Sky to win Man of Steel in 2007, I don’t think he even started a game that season & that’s what caused the uproar & changed how the selection process worked.

Yes he’s a good player but there are others just as good if not better than him! IMO before you all jump down my throat!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: It's Official

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:40 pm Roby or Welsby?
Whichever it is, it shouldn’t be on this forum! If it’s Roby, there’s already a thread in the General forum!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:41 pm I don’t understand the love in with Eddie’s love child Roby?

They keep going on about how many games he has played, he played about 300 off the bench until Kieron Cunningham retired.

When he was ‘pushed’ by Sky to win Man of Steel in 2007, I don’t think he even started a game that season & that’s what caused the uproar & changed how the selection process worked.

Yes he’s a good player but there are others just as good if not better than him! IMO before you all jump down my throat!!
Him winning MOS that year was a farce but that's not to take away from the fact that for me, he's been up with the very best, including in the NRL.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Happy to see Roby play in the World Cup too - tire the old boy out a bit more. He's certainly not the player he was but he still caused us a few problems last night. Has had an excellent career.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:09 pm Happy to see Roby play in the World Cup too - tire the old boy out a bit more. He's certainly not the player he was but he still caused us a few problems last night. Has had an excellent career.
By his standards he was poor last night. O’Neill was the best hooker on the field.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:13 pm
southportcdm wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:09 pm Happy to see Roby play in the World Cup too - tire the old boy out a bit more. He's certainly not the player he was but he still caused us a few problems last night. Has had an excellent career.
By his standards he was poor last night. O’Neill was the best hooker on the field.
O’Neill is selected in the team of the round 😊

https://twitter.com/superleague/status/ ... A6cirEfyuQ