WILKIN

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: WILKIN

Post by nathan_rugby »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:40 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:26 pm
archiekeith wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:28 am Give the lad a break. Generally he's a good pundit. He was a great player for Saints oh Snakes to thosE hypocritical Warriors fans so that's ok,childish but ok. I would have luved it if he had played for us. I did harbour the hope he would move into coaching and join us. But he's an intelligent bloke and decided otherwise 😎
Why's it hypocritical to call saints snakes, or stains. Insulting yeah, but hypocritical?
Your very naughty Mike;trying to get me banned 😀
But the answer is implicit in your post or explicit to me obviously not to you. We both agree that to call a person a "snake is to insult his behaviour ( it's also metorphorical) So if the poster says somebody's a snake he's insulting them. Now if I believe the poster is a snake because of his behaviour then I call him a snake for his insulting behaviour I would be correct but liable to fall foul of the forums protocol not to insult another poster So what do I do faced with this dilemma. I say is remarks are ie he's an hypocrite. 😀😜Sorry Mike but you try tapping this whilst supping a bottle of red wine!
Snakes = St Helens.

Not a direct insult aimed at Wilkin.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I just don’t get it! Why do we need to descend to their, saints supporters, or any other clubs fans for that matter, their level of name calling, nastiness, jealousy or bitterness.

We Are Wigan Warriors. The Greatest Rugby League Club in the World!

Where Wigan Lead the others Follow.

🏉🍒⚪️♥️🏉🍒⚪️♥️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 pm I just don’t get it! Why do we need to descend to their, saints supporters, or any other clubs fans for that matter, their level of name calling, nastiness, jealousy or bitterness.

🏉🍒⚪️♥️🏉🍒⚪️♥️
Because they're rubbish. Boooo.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

It's all pantomime entertainment.
It's part of being a fan, it's gone on for many many years and long may it continue.

Good luck to St.... Eelans
Cant bring myself to say it.
I know, I'll stick with snakes ..much better
Anyway that's what they sing isn't it, "come on you snakes"

Is that not a snake on their badge?

archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:15 pm I just don’t get it! Why do we need to descend to their, saints supporters, or any other clubs fans for that matter, their level of name calling, nastiness, jealousy or bitterness.

🏉🍒⚪️♥️🏉🍒⚪️♥️
I agree with you 100% Josie. No we don't and shouldn't. Our games with Saints are the greatest "Derby " of any Sport. Lord Derby lent his title to to our local game and was adopted by other sports generally. I accept Nathan's point re the insult wasn't directed at Wilkin "directly " but it was indirectly That said WW gives the excuse that the game's a "pantomime ". What can I say to that? Only panto's are for children's entertainment so reference to St Helens supporters as "Snakes " or "Stains" are in keeping with childish school yard name calling. Call me a kill joy if you want but I get my joy from watching a game between two teams I totally RESPECT!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:29 am

🏉🍒⚪️♥️🏉🍒⚪️♥️
I agree with you 100% Josie. No we don't and shouldn't. Our games with Saints are the greatest "Derby " of any Sport. Lord Derby lent his title to to our local game and was adopted by other sports generally. I accept Nathan's point re the insult wasn't directed at Wilkin "directly " but it was indirectly That said WW gives the excuse that the game's a "pantomime ". What can I say to that? Only panto's are for children's entertainment so reference to St Helens supporters as "Snakes " or "Stains" are in keeping with childish school yard name calling. Call me a kill joy if you want but I get my joy from watching a game between two teams I totally RESPECT!
Your a kill joy!
It's all a bit of fun and nothing more.
Most respect what the snakes have done over the years and I'll echo most by saying they are the bench mark club.

archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

So be it WW ................…sticks and stones may........... Da....De dum dum😂
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 am So be it WW ................…sticks and stones may........... Da....De dum dum😂
Now that's the spirit. ha ha
Enjoy your day.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:33 am
It's all a bit of fun and nothing more.
By and large, I agree. it was nice, say, to see a couple of Saints fans in their jerseys in my local pub after the game on Friday having the crack; you wouldn't get that in all sports.

But I have to say, I don't like 'snakes' at all, speaking personally.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:42 am
archiekeith wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:40 am So be it WW ................…sticks and stones may........... Da....De dum dum😂
Now that's the spirit. ha ha
Enjoy your day.
Thanks WW. What would make my day is if you could bring yourself to say St. Helens or Saints. Listen to your grandad if you show respect to others they will
In my experience show you respect. Mike says Saints are rubbish. If he's honest then beating them is no big deal. Well if it is so what he says is rubbish Thanks again for your sentiment toward me and you have a good day😀🍷cheers