Catalan v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Catalan v Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

Everything Rohan Smith said after Leeds Rhinos' defeat to Catalans Dragons

The Rhinos fell to a first loss in seven against the Dragons. Here's what the Rhinos boss had to say.
We've had a disrupted week of prep and short turnarounds.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... r-24883956
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Catalan v Leeds

Post by josie andrews »

What a bloody cheek!!

The have had a longer turn around than the majority of teams this weekend 😠
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like if Salford and Leeds (possibly Cas) will be 5th and 6th. So if either team beat their opponents in the first round they'll be up against Saints. It would take both to win for us to be playing either of them which is unlikely.

If I was going to worry about our first match in the playoffs, I'd be more worried about playing Salford or Leeds than I'd be about Hudds or Cats. They seem more in form and dangerous than the more consistent 3rd and 4th place sides.

I think our second place turns out to be looking better than first from that perspective at the moment.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Don't disagree at all. Salford look to be hitting their stride now.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:22 pm Don't disagree at all. Salford look to be hitting their stride now.
Croft is in outstanding form and, if there is a better hooker than Ackers in SL at the moment I haven’t seen him play.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Patched up Leeds Rhinos beaten in France: Player ratings

Leeds Rhinos’ six-game hot streak is over following a 32-18 defeat at Catalans Dragons.

A youthful Rhinos side, missing several influential players and with others out of position, were sunk in a 15-minute spell during the first half when Catalans scored four successive tries.

Rhinos failed to cope with the power of Dragons’ pack, particularly Sam Kasiano, but showed good spirit in a second half fightback.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... 304?page=4
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oh deary me. Poor Leeds!

A patched up side?? They had 13 first team players!!

Compared to them we had 6!

Why are Wigan Warriors youngsters, or Wigan in general, never given any praise for playing a "patched up side?"

Sky are just the same never any praise for the efforts from our young lads, who I thought yesterday played exceptionally well 😊 And I’ve said it several times already, another 10 minutes & I am sure we could have won 😊

Well done Wigan Warriors 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:22 pm Don't disagree at all. Salford look to be hitting their stride now.
Croft is in outstanding form and, if there is a better hooker than Ackers in SL at the moment I haven’t seen him play.
Akers is in superb form as you rightly point out,I don’t know how Salford are doing it,they barely seem to have 18 players fit at any one time yet Rowley has them playing so well,they dismantled Cas yesterday and as a neutral it was great to watch,not as manic as Leeds just players playing for each other under a good coach
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:58 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 am
Akers is in superb form as you rightly point out,I don’t know how Salford are doing it,they barely seem to have 18 players fit at any one time yet Rowley has them playing so well,they dismantled Cas yesterday and as a neutral it was great to watch,not as manic as Leeds just players playing for each other under a good coach
I also rate cross very highly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:42 am

Sky are just the same never any praise for the efforts from our young lads, who I thought yesterday played exceptionally well 😊 And I’ve said it several times already, another 10 minutes & I am sure we could have won 😊

Well done Wigan Warriors 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
The young lads did great, that's a bit of a stretch. HKR had clearly put the cue in the rack by then.