Huddersfield v Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Huddersfield v Salford

Post by moto748 »

I'm watching a recording ona bit of a delay, but Salford looking good half-way through the first half.
southportcdm

Re: Huddersfield v Salford

Post by southportcdm »

Salford playing really well but if they get to the semi-final minus Croft that gives saints an easy pass into the final. Great shame for Salford, it was all looking so positive.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I thought we played the winner of this game?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:11 pm I thought we played the winner of this game?
highest place winner
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

pedro wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:13 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:11 pm I thought we played the winner of this game?
highest place winner
I didn’t realise Leeds finished above Salford
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Croft is a big loss for them but I think they will give Saints a go.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Is croft defo out? If so i dont think salford have a chance unfortunately
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:16 pm
pedro wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:13 pm
highest place winner
I didn’t realise Leeds finished above Salford
Salford basically threw the last league game by turning out a very weakened side (not knocking them by the way), and by doing so, IMO were choosing to play Hudds away instead of Catalans. They will also have known that if they beat Hudds, that they would be away v Saints so quite a bold call if that was a conscious decision

in terms of the playoffs Saints could never play Hudds (3rd) and Wigan could never play Salford (6th) but i dont think that got called out prior to the play offs, but in terms of the wording, lowest placed / highest placed means that those were the scenarios - Saint v 4 /5 or 6, Wigan v 3 / 4 or 5
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:37 pm Is croft defo out? If so i dont think salford have a chance unfortunately
i think yes if its confirmed he failed the HIA the way they were talking in commentary on Saturday, although i cant find anything in the RFL guidance that specifically states 10 days, which is what i think was said

https://www.rugby-league.com/governance ... -statement
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

The encouraging thing about Salford's demolition of Huddersfield is that attacking flair triumphed over Watson's formulaic approach. I'm hoping that the same will apply if it comes to a Wigan v Saints GF.

Now Saints are not as rigid and predictable as Hud, but the analogy still holds. I'm increasingly convinced that Peet has made the team adaptable, capable of playing to a different plan depending on the opposition and the circumstances, whereas Saints appear to have convinced themselves that they have a winning formula that works against all comers.

It's interesting that when we beat them in the cup SF, and in the recent league match, some Saints fans and commentators said they'd had an "off-day" on both occasions, and rolled out a list of injuries. Hopefully Woolf and his coaching team swallowed this too.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐