Huddersfield v Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Huddersfield v Salford

Post by moto748 »

Just Makinson back makes a huge difference to Saints. As for Huddersfield, I think they are very reliant on Lolo for a bit if creativity, and he didn't have his best game against Salford.
the pieman

Re: Huddersfield v Salford

Post by the pieman »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:32 pm The encouraging thing about Salford's demolition of Huddersfield is that attacking flair triumphed over Watson's formulaic approach. I'm hoping that the same will apply if it comes to a Wigan v Saints GF.

Now Saints are not as rigid and predictable as Hud, but the analogy still holds. I'm increasingly convinced that Peet has made the team adaptable, capable of playing to a different plan depending on the opposition and the circumstances, whereas Saints appear to have convinced themselves that they have a winning formula that works against all comers.

It's interesting that when we beat them in the cup SF, and in the recent league match, some Saints fans and commentators said they'd had an "off-day" on both occasions, and rolled out a list of injuries. Hopefully Woolf and his coaching team swallowed this too.
Watsons coaching has cost Hudds this year

For all everyone said they were the better team in the CF, his boring style of play and lack of ambition ultimately meant that we were still in it at the death, and took our chance (still cant believe McQueen was mom)

At weekend (and in the other game on TV recently) Salford blew Hudds away with good attacking football / keeping the ball alive, especially in the 1st 40 mins of both games which meant they really troubled the Hudds defence and they got their rewards

Come weekend V Saints who will be better defensively i think the weather could have an impact, especially if its owt like today and Saints may just grind them down (but i hope not :) )