Three ‘elite players’ set to return for St Helens ahead of Salford Red Devils play-off

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Three ‘elite players’ set to return for St Helens ahead of Salford Red Devils play-off

Post by josie andrews »

Saints boss Kristian Woolf has hinted key trio Mark Perciva, Sione Mata’utia and Will Hopoate are fit and ready.

Saints will field their strongest squad since before the July Magic Weekend when they take on Salford Red Devils in the semi-final of the Betfred Super League play-off at the Totally Wicked Stadium on Saturday, head coach Kristian Woolf has confirmed.

The initial 21-man strong squad will be officially released at noon on Thursday but Woolf hinted that centre Mark Percival, who has been out of action since May, Sione Mata’utia and Will Hopoate are fit and ready to step back into the breach.

Woolf said : "Mark is the most natural and gifted footballer I’ve ever worked with. He is outstanding, an elite player, and I think you can say he is the most influential player in the competition. He plays off the cuff, competes hard, and the type you want in your team in the big games.

We played a Grand Final without him in 2020, he wore a knee brace in 2001, but now he’s in a better place to attack this Saturday’s Salford game."

Full back back Hopoate hasn’t featured in as many games as he would have liked due to recurring injuries but when available brings a better balance to the side, while Mata’utia is guaranteed to produce 100% effort and can slot into a number of different positions.

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/thr ... ff-3843172
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Three ‘elite players’ set to return for St Helens ahead of Salford Red Devils play-off

Post by the pieman »

i think Woolf has been smooking something :) :)

Percival - good player when fit - the most influential player in the competition - give over and lay off the wacky backy