McGuire to present Harry Sunderland Trophy Award

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

McGuire to present Harry Sunderland Trophy Award

Post by josie andrews »

Danny McGuire will present the player of the match at this year’s Betfred Super League Grand Final with the Harry Sunderland Award.

McGuire follows Andy Farrell OBE (2018), Jason Robinson OBE (2019) and Paul Sculthorpe MBE (2020) and Rob Burrow MBE (2021), who have all presented the award in recent years.

During an illustrious career, McGuire won eight Grand Finals from nine visits to Old Trafford with Leeds Rhinos including a fairy-tale Grand Final win as captain in his last Leeds game in 2017.

McGuire’s performance in the 2017 Grand Final earned him a second Harry Sunderland award, his first coming two years earlier in Leeds’ treble winning 2015 season.

Being a two-time Harry Sunderland winner puts McGuire in a distinguished group of five players in the Super League era, with Andy Farrell (1996 & 1997), Rob burrow (2007 & 2011), Kevin Sinfield (2009 & 2012) and James Roby (2014 & 2020) being the other double winners.

On presenting the award, McGuire said: “I feel very privileged to be asked to present the Harry Sunderland award, at this, the 25th Super League Grand Final.

“I know from personal experience what a special and emotional moment this can be as a player winning this award.

“The Grand final is the biggest occasion in the rugby league season and big games need big performances, so I am excited to see who steps up to claim this year’s Harry Sunderland award.”

Tickets to the 2022 Betfred Super League Grand Final are available now from £30 for adults. From more information and to book visit www.superleague.co.uk/tickets

The Betfred Super League Grand Final will also be live on Sky Sports Arena from 5pm on Saturday 24 September

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/3 ... land-award
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan