League Winners

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PJC

League Winners

Post by PJC »

I hope Saints lose tonight. If they do their season in the record books will be seen by many as a failure.
However they have won the league which needs longer term consistency.
The emphasis on this title seems to have gone because of SKY’s wishes.
A lot more should be made of this title by the RL as the above could happen, and it has , to any team !!!
CheshireWarrior

Re: League Winners

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I have a strong dislike towards Leeds Rhinos and Leeds United! I don't see the pressure on Leeds tonight!

I can't say I'm supporting Leeds, but I'm certainly not wishing Stains make it 4 in a row....so make what you like of that 🤣. Not really a winner for me in this!

I hope the WCC returns and whoever wins get walloped by the Aussies!

If Leeds lose, hopefully Hardaker misses a few conversions if he's taking any!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leeds from 5 again making SL a bit of a laughing stock again

or

Saints proclaimed as the greatest RL team to have ever walked on planet earth

I choose the laughing stock
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Leeds..they have nowt to lose really saints like an ageing boxer could be one game to many
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I want them both to lose. On a more serious note, this final is a reminder that in term of SL history (last 25 years), we're only third best and I really hope that we can start to redress the balance over the next few years. Progress this season with the bonus of a cup final win but more required. We mustn't think that success next season is a given.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:19 pm I want them both to lose. On a more serious note, this final is a reminder that in term of SL history (last 25 years), we're only third best and I really hope that we can start to redress the balance over the next few years. Progress this season with the bonus of a cup final win but more required. We mustn't think that success next season is a given.
Well said
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Saints success is down to the 3 clubs that where competing with them over the last decade having a very poor few years.

Warrington,Leeds,Wigan have been shadows of their former selves for the past few years and while we have all enjoyed seeing wire and Leeds flirt with relegation it has allowed our rivals a period of dominance as the thirds team that regularly competed with them (us) has also been poor since 2018
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.