Grand final (spoilers)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Grand final (spoilers)

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thought saints were running away with it that run by leeming has changed the pace for Leeds
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Re: Grand final (spoilers)

Post by fozzieskem »

Not sure grabbed hold.of Jack.smith but surely that'd be the bin at least?

I think it could be a game to far for leeds
Last edited by fozzieskem on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan_forever1985

Leeming changed the game since he came on
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

That last 10 minutes was exactly why I bang on about a top hooker - Leeds couldn’t get out of their half up against it leeming comes on makes one run and changes the script now on the front foot abs he scores a try that has got Leeds back in the game - that’s how much difference a 9 can make

That’s not to say O’Connor was playing badly but you see the difference in levels
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sure Saints first was a forward :shock:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:51 pm That last 10 minutes was exactly why I bang on about a top hooker - Leeds couldn’t get out of their half up against it leeming comes on makes one run and changes the script now on the front foot abs he scores a try that has got Leeds back in the game - that’s how much difference a 9 can make

That’s not to say O’Connor was playing badly but you see the difference in levels
I agree Leeming is an excellent hooker quite how he doesn't start is beyond me..

I'll add this though would wigan play differently with him in the side,one of my main gripes with the anti Powell.brigade is not how good or bad he is it's down to the coaching staff that role and you know I'd suspect even someone like Leeming would have to play the "powell" way as it's so Ingrained into the side now
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Game over I'd say
Wigan_forever1985

Yeah saints have strangled the life out of leeds
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

I'll take this Saints beat two sides without their key playmaker and Superleague keeps integrity of not having a side finishing 5th on 50/50 record winning the title .

No mistakes next season
Wigan_forever1985

WIGIAN wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:33 pm I'll take this Saints beat two sides without their key playmaker and Superleague keeps integrity of not having a side finishing 5th on 50/50 record winning the title .

No mistakes next season
Problem Leeds have is they have 2 half backs in Austin and Sezer who will be either spectacular or ghosts - I don’t think sezer is as big miss to Leeds as Croft was for Salford

Make no mistake this saints team are very good it’s easy for any of us to claim they had this or that easy but you don’t win 4 titles in a row being average they are the benchmark and we are not close atm