Grand final (spoilers)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WIGIAN

Re: Grand final (spoilers)

Post by WIGIAN »

Benchmark yes but wouldn't say we aren't close.Robotic but ruthless
Last edited by WIGIAN on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I don’t think we are - we would of got pasted in that game

Look at their team

Fullback we can equal
Wingers maybe slight advantage
Centres far better than us
Half backs better than us
Hooker in a different league
Front row far better
Back row better
Loose better
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

They’ve won it 4 years in a row it’s never been done they are on a different level to us at present - the real test is next year for them
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Has a team ever dominated a sport for 4 years or around the same yet been so underwhelming? I think about past teams - us in the 90s and more recently Leeds, and think of outstanding teams that would stand against any team in any period. This saints side would get demolished by both.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Has a team ever dominated a sport for 4 years or around the same yet been so underwhelming? I think about past teams - us in the 90s and more recently Leeds, and think of outstanding teams that would stand against any team in any period. This saints side would get demolished by both.
That’s the way the games moving. Majority of the teams in the league are getting worse or staying the same each year. This years nrl grand final marks the 7 th different final in a row or something. You can already book saints in the gf for next year again
God2

Post by God2 »

It’s thoroughly depressing, SL was designed to even the playing field and it’s done the absolute opposite.

When a team can totally dominate for 4 years straight, then the Leeds era punctuated by us it’s not working.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:58 pm They’ve won it 4 years in a row it’s never been done they are on a different level to us at present - the real test is next year for them
I’d agree with you Wigan moved closer this year but still a ways off yet,even with an aging side,and saints are Wigan will have to hitch up the breeches to get closer still.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Saints deserve credit for winning another grand final, but I don’t believe they have been dominant. For a side to be called dominant I would expect them winning everything year on year ( a side like ours of the 90’s). It is one league leaders shield in 3 years? The difference with Saints is they play consistently at higher level. When others play at the same level, they are beaten.
Like I said, credit is due for winning the grand final, but for me, that’s where it stops.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:57 pm I don’t think we are - we would of got pasted in that game

Look at their team

Fullback we can equal
Wingers maybe slight advantage
Centres far better than us
Half backs better than us
Hooker in a different league
Front row far better
Back row better
Loose better
Fullback ours are better
Wingers we are on equal footing
Centres they better than us
Half backs with Smith and Cust we are equal
Hooker no one can dispute Roby is king
Front row ours has better balance theirs has better impact players
Back row ours is better
Loose who's is ours these days :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 am Saints deserve credit for winning another grand final, but I don’t believe they have been dominant. For a side to be called dominant I would expect them winning everything year on year ( a side like ours of the 90’s). It is one league leaders shield in 3 years? The difference with Saints is they play consistently at higher level. When others play at the same level, they are beaten.
Like I said, credit is due for winning the grand final, but for me, that’s where it stops.
They’ve done something that hasn’t been done in 25 years of super league.

How is that not dominant?

We’ve won 4 grand finals in 22 years versus Saints who have won 4 in 4 years.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."