Kristian Woolf says St Helens "don’t get enough credit" after fourth title in a row

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Kristian Woolf says St Helens "don’t get enough credit" after fourth title in a row

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens head coach Kristian Woolf says his side deserve greater credit for the achievement of securing a fourth Super League title in a row.

They continued their dominance of the competition with a 24-12 Grand Final victory over Leeds Rhinos at Old Trafford on Saturday night.

“I couldn’t be prouder of this group; they’re an outstanding group of men,” said Woolf after his final game in charge of Saints before departing for new NRL side the Dolphins.

“To win four in a row, I don’t think it gets enough credit and people don’t realise how hard it is.

“There’s a reason why every Grand Final has been played against a different team, because it is hard to back it up and to have that same hunger and drive, and to get through the adversity that every season tosses up and still put yourself at the top of the table and give yourself the opportunity to be in a Grand Final.

“This group haven’t just done it, they’ve won it every time they’ve got there as well for the last four years.

“You can’t compare eras in terms of the strength of the squads and players, but you can compare results. That’s one thing that is evidence, and there’s no doubt in my mind that this group are the best team in the Super League era.

“And I’ve no doubt that, with the way they fight and the way they work for each other, they’re going to give themselves a chance again next year because they’re an outstanding group.”

https://www.totalrl.com/kristian-woolf- ... le-in-row/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Kristian Woolf3 says St Helens "don’t get enough credit" after fourth title in a row

Post by josie andrews »

Who is he kidding??

Those lot on Sky talk about Sts all the time during games even when they are not playing!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan