Morgan Knowles among two St Helens players banned following the Grand Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Morgan Knowles among two St Helens players banned following the Grand Final

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:04 am
the pieman wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:25 am
Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 pm He had hold of the touch judges collar with a fist ready on the other hand. As soon as he realised who it was, he quickly let go and disappeared. You have to consider that O’Neill got the same length ban for accidental contact.
Having seen it back, not so sure if that is an accurate view of it (please note i dont like LMS)

he is being pulled out the ruck by a Leeds player and grabs onto the shoulder of the touch judge (not sure i saw the cocked fist ready to launch him) but then quickly let go

to the letter of the law, yes he's made contact, but was being dragged out by a Leeds player

the flip side of this is, he is LMS and i think he's a p****, so chuck the book at him :) :) :) cos he shouldnt have run in to get involved, and whilst there at it, the little arrogant s*** Welsby the same :) :)
After watching a video of welsby saying”4 times, 4 times, 4 times”…. I got the impression hes very childish and pathetic…… great player and , yes, they have won it 4 times but he hasnt…… if that was me and ise seen the video ide be a very embarrassed young man…… i remember danny arnold rubbing it in after scoring 3 vs us years ago and he got absalutely smashed the season after
Personally dont understand the stick Welsby gets on here he is no different that Sam Tomkins when he broke through remeber him running backwards staring at the saints fans after scoring or giving them 2 fingers?

hes a young kid and a very talented player

(Just as an FYI for posters on here - if you want to look at what actually constitutes a "personal attack" or "witch hunt" the Welsby posts are a good place to start - might help some differentiate from debates on playing ability)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Having seen it back, not so sure if that is an accurate view of it (please note i dont like LMS)

he is being pulled out the ruck by a Leeds player and grabs onto the shoulder of the touch judge (not sure i saw the cocked fist ready to launch him) but then quickly let go

to the letter of the law, yes he's made contact, but was being dragged out by a Leeds player

the flip side of this is, he is LMS and i think he's a p****, so chuck the book at him :) :) :) cos he shouldnt have run in to get involved, and whilst there at it, the little arrogant s*** Welsby the same :) :)
After watching a video of welsby saying”4 times, 4 times, 4 times”…. I got the impression hes very childish and pathetic…… great player and , yes, they have won it 4 times but he hasnt…… if that was me and ise seen the video ide be a very embarrassed young man…… i remember danny arnold rubbing it in after scoring 3 vs us years ago and he got absalutely smashed the season after
Personally dont understand the stick Welsby gets on here he is no different that Sam Tomkins when he broke through remeber him running backwards staring at the saints fans after scoring or giving them 2 fingers?

(Just as an FYI for posters on here - if you want to look at what actually constitutes a "personal attack" or "witch hunt" the Welsby posts are a good place to start - might help some differentiate from debates on playing ability)
IMO Welsby should let his rugby do the talking. i can accept the arrogance, as its a trait of many a good player.

on commentary on Saturday Paul Cooke / Craig Murdoch were both calling him out. He didnt need to run in after the tackle that was made (almost perfect but slightly over the horizontal), but he and then loads of others ran in for no reason. LMS now gotten a 1 game ban and Welsby lucky that biff has been taken out of the game or he would have been clouted a few years ago and that was from the commentators

another point re Welsby, is that he is happy to give it, and then the Saints fans havent stopped bleating about him getting some back when we last played them, so it works both ways. If he is big enough to give it out, then he is big enough to take it
jobo

Post by jobo »

I think I read somewhere tha he was a bully, until he picked on the wrong person.

Don't know if he's still a bully but he is a fine player for sure.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dont get me wrong im all for a bit of arrogance but what goes arpund comes around and us fans all love it when it comes around……tell me im wrong?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

jobo wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 pm I think I read somewhere tha he was a bully, until he picked on the wrong person.

Don't know if he's still a bully but he is a fine player for sure.
He is / certainly can be one of the best, like i posted earlier, i dont mind a bit of arrogance, as we've had plenty of players who had plenty of it

i've seen a couple of times him running in after a tackle, so he's lucky that rules have taken out the biff as i think he would have his arse handed to him on a plate
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I expect him to cop a lot of stick he did when we played them, but like i say i dont feel he is in anyway above and beyond what the likes of Sam Tomkins did for us in his early years. Sam was very antagonistic and arrogant, but he was one of the best

Sam brought a lot of the gamemanship we see today into the sport when he used to lock peoples arms under his to claim a penalty.

Good players stand out and i have no issue with Welsby being arrogant - although i cant stand it when bang average players like LMS do it - thats where i draw the line
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He gave the two fingers to Leeds not Saints.

The running backwards was a bit classy though 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan