Morgan Knowles among two St Helens players banned following the Grand Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Morgan Knowles among two St Helens players banned following the Grand Final

Post by josie andrews »

Morgan Knowles has been given a one-match ban following St Helens’ Super League Grand Final victory, meaning he is set to miss England’s World Cup warm-up match against Fiji.

The forward was controversially cleared to play in the Old Trafford showpiece against Leeds Rhinos after a suspension was overturned on a second appeal.

Now Knowles has been charged with Grade A dangerous contact, for an offence in the second half of the Grand Final, and banned for one game.

Fellow Saints forward Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook has also received a one-match suspension, for Grade B contact with a match official.

But teammate Tommy Makinson has escaped with a caution for the same offence.

https://www.totalrl.com/morgan-knowles- ... and-final/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Morgan Knowles among two St Helens players banned following the Grand Final

Post by fozzieskem »

Words fail me..Lams had hands on the touch judge,should have been off for that in my eyes..but yet again Moore decided to overlook it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:30 pm Words fail me..Lamshad hands on the touch judge,should have been off for that in my eyes..but yet again Moore decided to overlook it.
Who do you mean?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

He had hold of the touch judges collar with a fist ready on the other hand. As soon as he realised who it was, he quickly let go and disappeared. You have to consider that O’Neill got the same length ban for accidental contact.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:36 pmLMS
Not the first time either
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:30 pm Words fail me..Lamshad hands on the touch judge,should have been off for that in my eyes..but yet again Moore decided to overlook it.
Who do you mean?
Sorry josie yes it was LMS ( damn auto correct and Fergus the kitten getting on my ipad)

I'll say again for me instant red,but yet again poor reffing let's a player off
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 pm
Who do you mean?
Sorry josie yes it was LMS ( damn auto correct and Fergus the kitten getting on my ipad)

I'll say again for me instant red,but yet again poor reffing let's a player off
I have that problem regularly with six of them! Only thing is my cats are all adults 😻
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 pm He had hold of the touch judges collar with a fist ready on the other hand. As soon as he realised who it was, he quickly let go and disappeared. You have to consider that O’Neill got the same length ban for accidental contact.
Having seen it back, not so sure if that is an accurate view of it (please note i dont like LMS)

he is being pulled out the ruck by a Leeds player and grabs onto the shoulder of the touch judge (not sure i saw the cocked fist ready to launch him) but then quickly let go

to the letter of the law, yes he's made contact, but was being dragged out by a Leeds player

the flip side of this is, he is LMS and i think he's a p****, so chuck the book at him :) :) :) cos he shouldnt have run in to get involved, and whilst there at it, the little arrogant s*** Welsby the same :) :)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

the pieman wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:25 am
Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 pm He had hold of the touch judges collar with a fist ready on the other hand. As soon as he realised who it was, he quickly let go and disappeared. You have to consider that O’Neill got the same length ban for accidental contact.
Having seen it back, not so sure if that is an accurate view of it (please note i dont like LMS)

he is being pulled out the ruck by a Leeds player and grabs onto the shoulder of the touch judge (not sure i saw the cocked fist ready to launch him) but then quickly let go

to the letter of the law, yes he's made contact, but was being dragged out by a Leeds player

the flip side of this is, he is LMS and i think he's a p****, so chuck the book at him :) :) :) cos he shouldnt have run in to get involved, and whilst there at it, the little arrogant s*** Welsby the same :) :)
After watching a video of welsby saying”4 times, 4 times, 4 times”…. I got the impression hes very childish and pathetic…… great player and , yes, they have won it 4 times but he hasnt…… if that was me and ise seen the video ide be a very embarrassed young man…… i remember danny arnold rubbing it in after scoring 3 vs us years ago and he got absalutely smashed the season after
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE