Ken Davy provides update on every Super League game having a video referee

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Ken Davy provides update on every Super League game having a video referee

Post by josie andrews »

Davy has previously admitted he would like to see the concept introduced competition-wide.

The prospect of video referees being introduced at every Super League has been put on the 'back-burner' due to ongoing talks over rugby league's realignment, according to interim chairman Ken Davy.

Davy has spoken in the past of his desire and willingness to make sure video referees are available for use at every match, whether they are televised or not. He had previously said he hoped that could be in place for the start of this season, but that has obviously failed to materialise.

However, Davy revealed earlier this week that the reason for that is because it has not been on the agenda owing to far more important matters, specifically the Rugby Football League and Super League's plans to realign, which should be complete later this summer.

"It's on the back-burner because we've got to get the structure right," Davy said.

"You need to have good foundations for any building and that's what I've been trying to help us all achieve. We want to build something that takes us forward. I believe I'm as confident as I could be that the structure that's been agreed is one that will stand the test of time and deliver material results and benefits to the game."

Davy also revealed that talks with the sport's new strategic partner, believed to be global media brand IMG, are progressing well.

We're making very good progress and talks are ongoing," he said.

"The talks are going on literally two or three days a week and work is going on in the background. This is not something where you have one meeting a fortnight and hope something comes out of it. There's an intense period of work going on and much of it is very detailed. It's a combined endeavour between Super League and the RFL and I'm very encouraged by the progress.

"I would imagine the first thing they will do is detailed research on the game itself. How it functions, how many teams are in each division and it's pointless us trying to second guess what the outcome of that will be. But I'm confident that they'll look at what we've got and be encouraged."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... e-23547582
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Re: Ken Davy provides update on every Super League game having a video referee

Post by Dan2266 »

I've heard one of the proposals was that Toulouse & the winner of the "Million Pound Game" would both be in Super League next year with no relegation/promotion for 4 years..... Obviously no Idea on how that would work/be received by clubs outside of the Super League & if it is involved in the final proposals that have been made and voted on in todays meeting. But it was something that was at least discussed between the three parties earlier in the process.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:08 pm I've heard one of the proposals was that Toulouse & the winner of the "Million Pound Game" would both be in Super League next year with no relegation/promotion for 4 years..... Obviously no Idea on how that would work/be received by clubs outside of the Super League & if it is involved in the final proposals that have been made and voted on in todays meeting. But it was something that was at least discussed between the three parties earlier in the process.
Obviously at the time it wasn't guaranteed to be Toulouse but it was "The 12th placed team" discussions were around.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:12 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:08 pm I've heard one of the proposals was that Toulouse & the winner of the "Million Pound Game" would both be in Super League next year with no relegation/promotion for 4 years..... Obviously no Idea on how that would work/be received by clubs outside of the Super League & if it is involved in the final proposals that have been made and voted on in todays meeting. But it was something that was at least discussed between the three parties earlier in the process.
Obviously at the time it wasn't guaranteed to be Toulouse but it was "The 12th placed team" discussions were around.
I wonder if Wakefield or KR had gone down the pan and not Toulouse they'd have sorted it so no relegation I'm sure.