Lomax, Percival walmsley out of World Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Dreamteam

Lomax, Percival walmsley out of World Cup

Post by Dreamteam »

Can see a bit of a theme here. Lomax being pulled out with an injury he’s had for 3 months and Percival has literally just come back. Would say I’m surprised but it is one strange club. You’d have to say anything past the quarters now would be a success
Caboosegg

Re: Lokax Percival walmsley out of World Cup

Post by Caboosegg »

As much as I dislike saints I don't think that Lomax would miss it if he didn't need the time to recover for next season.

Pericival I don't see as a big loss international wise, good SL player but international quality centre not so.sire

Walmsley is a big loss even if he's form has been off he's a very big unit and provides experience, we have younger props to step up but Walmsley and Thompson would have been a nice pair to have on at the same time.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm As much as I dislike saints I don't think that Lomax would miss it if he didn't need the time to recover for next season.

Pericival I don't see as a big loss international wise, good SL player but international quality centre not so.sire

Walmsley is a big loss even if he's form has been off he's a very big unit and provides experience, we have younger props to step up but Walmsley and Thompson would have been a nice pair to have on at the same time.
Prioritising club over country shows where we are as a sport. No successful sport does this. Mark sneyd being called up makes sense now. And it could well be welsby in the half’s although I think it will be George
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Not good news. I’m not a fan of Sneyd. Whilst I agree he’s been in decent form I don’t rate him apart from his kicking. I reckon he’s even slower than Powell. Agree Percival is replaceable but Lomax is a big loss. Not convinced our half back combination will be that good.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Sneyd is a big call. Lacks pace and defensive output for me.

I’m very very surprised he’s not taking a punt on Harry (Smith). Has come on immensely this season and could be a wildcard pick in tight game especially with his kicking game.

He’s shown in big games like Sts in CC, CC Final that he’s more than capable and he has formed a great understanding with Marshall who must surely be going?!

Good news for us that he’s not going as he can come back and get a full pre season after last seasons was interrupted with that shoulder injury.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wonder if Welsby replaces lomax as the halfback option & Connor/Hardaker get a call up….

Im honestly going to be so annoyed if Harry Smith & Liam Marshall arent included
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

I believe that both Smith and Marshall have been training with the squad this week.

So maybe Smith is actually in and Sneyd was called up to replace Lomax following his withdrawal.

Half backs - Williams / Syned / Smith

That would mean Welsby keeps Connor or Hardaker out.

Marshall is surely guaranteed a place in the squad, travesty if he’s not included.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Welsby has to play.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm As much as I dislike saints I don't think that Lomax would miss it if he didn't need the time to recover for next season.

Lomax is not going to get another chance of winning the World Cup.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:34 pm I believe that both Smith and Marshall have been training with the squad this week.

So maybe Smith is actually in and Sneyd was called up to replace Lomax following his withdrawal.

Half backs - Williams / Syned / Smith

That would mean Welsby keeps Connor or Hardaker out.

Marshall is surely guaranteed a place in the squad, travesty if he’s not included.
The England squad were all down at Robin Park on Tuesday.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan