CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF FINAL

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF FINAL

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:37 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:15 pm Lachlan Lam doesn’t count as his 3 years playing as a kid at St Pats makes him Federation trained!
That's just daft. He was still a very young child when his Dad left Wigan, that is unless they stayed in Wigan for a good few years afterwards.
I know it’s crazy but I don’t make the rules!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:45 pm
jobo wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:37 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:15 pm Lachlan Lam doesn’t count as his 3 years playing as a kid at St Pats makes him Federation trained!
That's just daft. He was still a very young child when his Dad left Wigan, that is unless they stayed in Wigan for a good few years afterwards.
I know it’s crazy but I don’t make the rules!!
i'd seen this morning on twitter that he does count as the 3 years he played were primary, and the fed trained is based on secondary school age. Apparerently Leigh appealed and it was rejected by the RFL.

although this article contradicts itself saying Leigh had 11, but then confident Lam wont count

https://www.leighjournal.co.uk/news/230 ... e/?ref=rss
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched the semi-finals and the Final. Thoughts:

1. If Batley had somehow won that game, they wouldn't have won a SL game all season. Hooley and Gilmore have some talent, but that's not enough.

2. That's a strong side Leigh have, if they could put them all out. A lot to like about Ipape, be interesting to see how he goes in the World Cup, I assume he's in the PNG squad. Lam Jr will surely do well in SL too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:26 am I watched the semi-finals and the Final. Thoughts:

1. If Batley had somehow won that game, they wouldn't have won a SL game all season. Hooley and Gilmore have some talent, but that's not enough.

2. That's a strong side Leigh have, if they could put them all out. A lot to like about Ipape, be interesting to see how he goes in the World Cup, I assume he's in the PNG squad. Lam Jr will surely do well in SL too.
Hooley has signed for Leeds I think 🤔
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought Leeds had a top full-back... :twisted:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:42 pm I thought Leeds had a top full-back... :twisted:
It’s been a big two days for Leeds.

Yesterday they announced the signing of Batley fullback Luke Hooley on a two-year deal and have today confirmed the signing of another young player from the lower leagues.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leeds-rh ... ure-60081/