England name 22-mn squad for Fiji with four new call ups

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

England name 22-mn squad for Fiji with four new call ups

Post by josie andrews »

England have named a 22-man squad ahead of their World Cup warm-up fixture against Fiji on Friday.

Shaun Wane’s group includes 18 members of their official squad for the tournament, the exceptions being captain Sam Tomkins and Grand Finalists Morgan Knowles, Matty Lees and Tommy Makinson of St Helens, and Mikolaj Oledzki of Leeds Rhinos.

Also called up for the fixture are Wigan Warriors trio Liam Marshall, Sam Powell, Harry Smith, plus Huddersfield Giants’ Jake Wardle, who have all been training with the World Cup squad.

Andy Ackers, Herbie Fsarnworth, Kai Pearce-Paul, Victor Radley, Marc Sneyd and Dom Young are all in line to make their first appearances for England, who will announce their captain for the fixture in the next 24 hours.

England 22-man squad: Andy Ackers, Joe Batchelor, Tom Burgess, Mike Cooper, Herbie Farnworth, Ryan Hall, Chris Hill, Liam Marshall, Michael McIlorum, Mike McMeeken, Kai Pearce-Paul, Sam Powell, Victor Radley, Harry Smith, Marc Sneyd, Luke Thompson, Jake Wardle, Kallum Watkins, Jack Welsby, Elliott Whitehead, George Williams, Dom Young.

https://www.totalrl.com/england-name-22 ... -call-ups/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: England name 22-mn squad for Fiji with four new call ups

Post by josie andrews »

TV coverage confirmed for England vs Fiji this Friday

The RFL have announced Friday’s World Cup warm up between England and Fiji will be shown live on the newly-rebranded RLWC2021 app making it the first international game to be shown live on the app.

The game is free to watch and gives fans of both England and Fiji the best opportunity to get a view of their sides World Cup preparations with the tournament right around the corner.

The coverage of the England vs Fiji game on October 7th will begin at 7:30pm leading up to the 7:45pm kick off.

The new app is a rebrand of the current Our League RFL app which already has 230,000 members who have access to this free game with many more expected to tune in as the tournament approaches.

The App is the best place for all your World Cup needs with other features including a match centre with live scores, stats and commentary updates.

It can be downloaded for free from the App Store or the Play Store by searching for RLWC2021.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/tv-cover ... day-60017/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I went to the 'download the app' page on my laptop, but Install is greyed out. Daresay it'd work on my mobe, but what's the use of that? Why they have to mess around with these apps I don't know. Wouldn't it be simpler to live-stream it on FB or Youtube?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:58 pm I went to the 'download the app' page on my laptop, but Install is greyed out. Daresay it'd work on my mobe, but what's the use of that? Why they have to mess around with these apps I don't know. Wouldn't it be simpler to live-stream it on FB or Youtube?
Try changing your screen from landscape if you are using a laptop or tablet 😊
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Like I said, Josie, Install is greyed out, so I never got that far.

What a stupid, bone-headed system this is! I imagine only a fraction of their target audience will actually get to see the game now.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:10 am Like I said, Josie, Install is greyed out, so I never got that far.

What a stupid, bone-headed system this is! I imagine only a fraction of their target audience will actually get to see the game now.
Sent you a pm
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Can you watch the stream later, or can you only watch live? You can cast to your tv from your phone btw. That mit is working for me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've managed to mirror it to my TV, but picture not great.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Young scores in the corner, 4-0.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Ackers scores from a Tom Burgess offload, 10-0.