Coverage!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Coverage!

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:17 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:12 pm I'm enjoying this game though.

James Graham and Vossy have a great chemistry as a commentary team. No pitch side reporters, no extras. Just 2 commentators. Very enjoyable
Yes I do agree about Vossy & Graham 😊
I must admit I certainly wasn't a fan of Graham as a player but he comes across very well in everything he's been in since retirement. He seems to have a great mix of enthusiasm and knowledge mixed in with some good northern humour. A great addition to any RL TV coverage
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

by
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:12 pm I'm enjoying this game though.

James Graham and Vossy have a great chemistry as a commentary team. No pitch side reporters, no extras. Just 2 commentators. Very enjoyable
Most sports were like that and then they copied WWE 3 man team. The guy calling the action, One the antagonist One fan favourite. All to garner clickbait and reaction

Vossy is brilliant with Phil Gould.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It's vossy's dripping sarcasm that makes us chuckle
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Commentary is so much better than sky

James Graham surprisingly very good I’ve never heard him commentate before but he’s really good coming in at the right times not saying too much
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:50 pm Commentary is so much better than sky

James Graham surprisingly very good I’ve never heard him commentate before but he’s really good coming in at the right times not saying too much
What you mean you'd sooner have these 2 than deadly dull bill Arthur and the chuckle.brothers?

I'm shocked
Wigan_forever1985

Actually it’s more basic than that they are actually calling the action that’s something sky commentators seem to not bother doin all trying to tell some in story anecdote - this commentary is all on the match and what’s actually happening there and then
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:50 pm Commentary is so much better than sky

What you mean you'd sooner have these 2 than deadly dull bill Arthur and the chuckle.brothers?

I'm shocked
I’m missing Phil clarke coming in with some random comment about how this pitch is made of a different seed of grass and how much a bearing that will be on the result
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:53 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm

I'm shocked
I’m missing Phil clarke coming in with some random comment about how this pitch is made of a different seed of grass and how much a bearing that will be on the result
You see you are missing them :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm Actually it’s more basic than that they are actually calling the action that’s something sky commentators seem to not bother doin all trying to tell some in story anecdote - this commentary is all on the match and what’s actually happening there and then
Well said 😊

I’ve always said this about Aussie commentators, they talk about the game they are watching & not what any of the Sky lot had watched the previous week. Or anything else except the game they are actually watching.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:03 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm Actually it’s more basic than that they are actually calling the action that’s something sky commentators seem to not bother doin all trying to tell some in story anecdote - this commentary is all on the match and what’s actually happening there and then
Well said 😊

I’ve always said this about Aussie commentators, they talk about the game they are watching & not what any of the Sky lot had watched the previous week. Or anything else except the game they are actually watching.
You’re not wrong josie so refreshing isn’t it