Coverage!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Coverage!

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:25 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:03 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 pm Actually it’s more basic than that they are actually calling the action that’s something sky commentators seem to not bother doin all trying to tell some in story anecdote - this commentary is all on the match and what’s actually happening there and then
Well said 😊

I’ve always said this about Aussie commentators, they talk about the game they are watching & not what any of the Sky lot had watched the previous week. Or anything else except the game they are actually watching.
You’re not wrong josie so refreshing isn’t it
Yes, I’ve always preferred the Aussie commentators 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:50 pm Commentary is so much better than sky

James Graham surprisingly very good I’ve never heard him commentate before but he’s really good coming in at the right times not saying too much
It’s just the scouse accent!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Absolutely on the same page with you guys. I had my doubts about Jammer, but actually he's been very good. Vossy is good because he conveys the excitement of the game, he understands it's supposed to be fun, and exciting! Which you'd never guess listening to those dull old gits on Sky. But I'm pleased to hear that that was the commentary, cos I went to the game tonight, and I'll look forward to watching it back tomorrow.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

How embarrassing are our Video Refs. Can't believe after the number of times he watched the same thing over and over again he missed the blatant shoulder charge on the PNG "no try"!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:11 am Absolutely on the same page with you guys. I had my doubts about Jammer, but actually he's been very good. Vossy is good because he conveys the excitement of the game, he understands it's supposed to be fun, and exciting! Which you'd never guess listening to those dull old gits on Sky. But I'm pleased to hear that that was the commentary, cos I went to the game tonight, and I'll look forward to watching it back tomorrow.
And the try was good, it wasn’t on the touch line when you looked at it from behind!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:11 am Absolutely on the same page with you guys. I had my doubts about Jammer, but actually he's been very good. Vossy is good because he conveys the excitement of the game, he understands it's supposed to be fun, and exciting! Which you'd never guess listening to those dull old gits on Sky. But I'm pleased to hear that that was the commentary, cos I went to the game tonight, and I'll look forward to watching it back tomorrow.
i've just finished watching the game, really enjoyed it, with some good rugby on show too :)

commentary with Vossy and Jammer was very good.

PNG can feel hard done to with the no try, but the one in the 1st half probably cost them where the winger had a walk in, and stood on the line, cant blame the ref / VR for that one

i know this thread isnt about tickets prices etc, but that game deserved a full house
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:01 am
i've just finished watching the game, really enjoyed it, with some good rugby on show too :)

commentary with Vossy and Jammer was very good.

PNG can feel hard done to with the no try, but the one in the 1st half probably cost them where the winger had a walk in, and stood on the line, cant blame the ref / VR for that one

i know this thread isnt about tickets prices etc, but that game deserved a full house
I thought so too, excellent game
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really enjoyed the game and felt for PNG who deserved better. The try saver for Tonga should have been a penalty try and a sin-binning for the fullback. As is often the case, I couldn't help noticing the empty seats in the 'expensive' section. When will those deciding on the prices realise that it's better to sell more 'cheaper' tickets than have so many gaps. The game deserved a full house.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:07 am
And the try was good, it wasn’t on the touch line when you looked at it from behind!
I have been enjoying some of the matches particularly the overseas TV officials who seem to take 1 or 2 takes and like us make an obvious decision. Last night back to Bent Haler and 15 reviews then we know he is important before making a wrong decision.
As to James Graham I must admit that when I heard him on the Oz game on Saturday night I thought he had been working on his scouse accent until it was 95% lost.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:19 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:07 am
I have been enjoying some of the matches particularly the overseas TV officials who seem to take 1 or 2 takes and like us make an obvious decision. Last night back to Bent Haler and 15 reviews then we know he is important before making a wrong decision.
He kept asking for it to be slowed down, I thought he was going to ask them to print it out frame by frame at one point. How many times do you have to look at the same thing to take in the information? Clearly the evidence required to overturn an on field decision is now more than just being able to see it was wrong on video, perhaps there has to be a divine intervention too or something. And to miss the shoulder charge that we all saw like 10 times, is just amazing.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐