Rugby League World Cup CEO confirms ticket re-categorisation talks amid fan backlash

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Rugby League World Cup CEO confirms ticket re-categorisation talks amid fan backlash

Post by josie andrews »

Lo & behold!! When I went back on to send an email requesting seats in the south stand, £55!, it is states on the ticketing prices, no mention of the word concession on the £55 ticket but a separate price for child & student.

Can’t afford any more now with being a pensioner! 😟 plus with needing accessible seating, it’s nigh on impossible to get a suitable seat with good views!

The RFL, ticketing office only, are much more easy & very obliging when buying accessible tickets from them plus getting disabled parking. They’ve always given me exactly the right seating I need with excellent views.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Rugby League World Cup CEO confirms ticket re-categorisation talks amid fan backlash

Post by the pieman »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:26 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:46 pm Looks like a nice crowd at St Helens for PNG vs Tonga tonight. Expensive seats empty but behind the goals full
Tight fisted bar stewards at Saints!
I'd be exactly the same for a neutral game in all fairness.
it falls in with what Josie says above
one of my mates was being asked for £75 for his usual seat at Saints. No senior concession, so he emailed them well before the tournament to complain and got nothing

i / think we all accept that there will be different ticket prices, but start realistic £20 standing / £25 lesser seating up to £45 for group games and get the grounds full, and offer both junior and senior concessions. Its not rocket science
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:39 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:25 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:26 am

Tight fisted bar stewards at Saints!
I'd be exactly the same for a neutral game in all fairness.
it falls in with what Josie says above
one of my mates was being asked for £75 for his usual seat at Saints. No senior concession, so he emailed them well before the tournament to complain and got nothing

i / think we all accept that there will be different ticket prices, but start realistic £20 standing / £25 lesser seating up to £45 for group games and get the grounds full, and offer both junior and senior concessions. Its not rocket science
It’s just bloody crazy! Adult, Student & Child wheelchair fans are the same prices as able bodied fans!! I think that is a disgrace. And yet they keep pushing the word ‘ inclusivity’ a first for all sports, but that doesn’t include fans apparently!! ☹️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:28 am Lo & behold!! When I went back on to send an email requesting seats in the south stand, £55!, it is states on the ticketing prices, no mention of the word concession on the £55 ticket but a separate price for child & student.

Can’t afford any more now with being a pensioner! 😟 plus with needing accessible seating, it’s nigh on impossible to get a suitable seat with good views!

The RFL, ticketing office only, are much more easy & very obliging when buying accessible tickets from them plus getting disabled parking. They’ve always given me exactly the right seating I need with excellent views.
Have to agree with RFL ticketing office they always sort us out never been sold a dud seat when buying from them,as you say the World Cup ticketing seem to put obstacles in the way of purchasing a decent seat for a fair price..but still as you say it’s “inclusive”
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:27 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:28 am Lo & behold!! When I went back on to send an email requesting seats in the south stand, £55!, it is states on the ticketing prices, no mention of the word concession on the £55 ticket but a separate price for child & student.

Have to agree with RFL ticketing office they always sort us out never been sold a dud seat when buying from them,as you say the World Cup ticketing seem to put obstacles in the way of purchasing a decent seat for a fair price..but still as you say it’s “inclusive”
But it isn’t for fans!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I dunno about "the expensive seats were empty", but it was packed in the sector I was in at Saints last night, and that cost me 55 quid. Which, as I've said elsewhere, I don't feel I can afford to repeat too often.