Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Leigh leopards

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:40 pm Just had a pic sent of zak in a leigh leopard’s shirt……. Dunno whats worse, the nickname or xaks uturn on travelling up the 62
He obviously wasn’t very good at Geography at school. Either that, or he misheard his agent and he thought he was going to Leeds.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:41 pm IT’S been quite the afternoon if you are a Leigh supporter.

First, there was a rebrand that saw the name ‘Centurions’ dropped in favour of ‘Leopards’ and then a whole host of signings have been announced including Leeds Rhinos star Zak Hardaker and Huddersfield Giants centre Ricky Leutele.

Among those signings are also FIVE from Warrington Wolves with Jacob Gannon, Robbie Mulhern, Jack Hughes, Matt Davis and Oliver Holmes all joining the club.

Holmes, who came through the ranks at the Castleford Tigers, joined Warrington on a three-year deal ahead of the 2022 season but came under fire following a dismal year for the Wolves in which they finished second bottom of Super League.

https://www.totalrl.com/leigh-leopards- ... gers-star/
Leutele is a good signing but the Warrington lads have a lot to prove based on last season’s form.
medlocke

Re: Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:46 pm Leigh Leopards reveal new ‘leopard print’ kit for 2023 Super League season

Leigh Leopards have revealed their kit for the 2023 Super League season after rebranding the club.

The white and black shirt features the prints of a leopard’s face in the background, as the club seemingly change their colours to black and white.

It marks an incredible day for Leigh fans, with the club also announcing Zack Hardaker and Ricky Leutele as new signings.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leigh-le ... son-60785/
christ on a bike, I nearly choked on me Skittles then seeing that
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Announced the signing of Gareth O'Brien from Castleford
Back by demand.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'll resist the temptation to just take the mickey and admit that it's a very bold move by the club and I hope they do O.K. The squad already looks considerably stronger than this season's Toulouse squad (I know it has to be) and the whole business brings plenty of interest to SL. It's not easy for the team coming up from the championship to build a new squad and they seem to be making a big effort. I can never decide if having both us and Leigh in the same league is a good thing for the number of local kids who play and the talent pool available. What do those of you involved in the game locally think? It may provide a pathway for some of our more advanced reserve players to get some SL experience if Leigh find themselves short of players at any point. Am I correct in thinking that they still don't have an academy system and. if so, will that have to change?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If wigan dropped warriors and changed it to a animal I'm not sure I would consider supporting them as its not the same team.

A club is a name and a shirt everything else is temporary.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I was surprised to see Ricky Leutele leave Huddersfield for Leigh Leopards!!

Especially a Watson was always saying he wanted to keep him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Zak Hardaker to Leigh

Post by ddtftf »

Zak Hardaker signs for Leigh hahahaha what happened to be nearer home what a looser own worst enemy
widdenoldboy

Re: Zak Hardaker to Leigh

Post by widdenoldboy »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:07 pm Zak Hardaker signs for Leigh hahahaha what happened to be nearer home what a looser own worst enemy
Leigh is nearer to his home, right? :lol:

Ponte to Leigh Sports Village 1 hr 13 min (61.8 mi) via M62
Ponte to DW 1 hr 23 min (66.9 mi) via M62
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

I still can't work out if the Leopards thing is a p**stake or not.
Is this part of some elaborate kit reveal when they release a very smart red and white Jersey tomorrow.