Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:50 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 pm Thinking back, didn't Halifax rebrand as Halifax Panthers when Ellgren took over their kit production?

I'm sure they had an away shirt with yellow piping and a huge panther on it (very similar to Leigh's leopard :shock:).
A guy on the other forum is saying it is a picture of a panther not a leopard. He has a point when you look at the photographs he has published.
Correction, I should have said Jaguar.

https://jeevoka.com/story-images/263-08 ... ab42f6.png
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Leopards sign FIVE from Warrington Wolves including ex Castleford Tigers

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 pm Thinking back, didn't Halifax rebrand as Halifax Panthers when Ellgren took over their kit production?

I'm sure they had an away shirt with yellow piping and a huge panther on it (very similar to Leigh's leopard :shock:).
A guy on the other forum is saying it is a picture of a panther not a leopard. He has a point when you look at the photographs he has published.

The Leopard is a panther!

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/leopard/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:48 pm WTF!! Think Derek Beaumont is having a Mid Life Crisis 🥴🥴
Why?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:27 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:48 pm WTF!! Think Derek Beaumont is having a Mid Life Crisis 🥴🥴
Why?
Why do you question almost every comment I make??

It is my opinion!! And he is a bit flamboyant, don’t you agree?

He always wears outlandish clothing ie: the shirts he wears 😂

He is like the old joke about some women in the old music hall days when going through the menopause, dyeing their hair blue!

But you would probably be too young to understand that. Mind you it’s fashionable these days to colour your hair whatever colour you like.😉 Blue, purple, bright orange or red etc etc

Even Leigh supporters are questioning not only the re-brand name but also the complete change in colour when they wear traditionally red & white.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i've just been on twitter / facebook for the last 30 mins or so

barrow budgies / fev flamingoes / hindley hedgehogs / cornwall hens, plus a mickey take poll about Wigans new name including wombles, warthogs etc

whilst its most certainly got people talking about Leigh, has it perhaps overshadowed the signings they made and looking at social media, not sure how many people are actually taking it seriously
culinator

Post by culinator »

the pieman wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:30 am i've just been on twitter / facebook for the last 30 mins or so

barrow budgies / fev flamingoes / hindley hedgehogs / cornwall hens, plus a mickey take poll about Wigans new name including wombles, warthogs etc

whilst its most certainly got people talking about Leigh, has it perhaps overshadowed the signings they made and looking at social media, not sure how many people are actually taking it seriously
You know we all thinking it, Leigh Lobby Gobblers?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Is it just me but does all this. Have a hint of Koucash. New team rebranding. Won't surprise me if he pops up in leigh with his best buddy .
tugglesf78

Post by tugglesf78 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:47 am

The Leopard is a panther!

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/leopard/
Hi Josie.

Long time listener and first time caller on here. Have been on t’other forum for years though.

I do ‘think’ that it’s a jaguar on the leyth shirt.

But they are also VERY different animals sorry.

The leopard is scientifically called a ‘panthera pardus’ and the jaguar is a ‘panthera Inca’

They are very different cats despite the markings being very similar.

https://panthera.org/blog-post/wild-cat ... s-leopards

Hate my first post after lurking for 10 years to be a pedantic one, but you need to pop your cherry somehow! 😂

Ps. Nice to say hello to you all.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Should we read anything into the wording

Former Wigan Warriors head coach Adrian Lam is currently at the helm...

'Currently...' :twisted:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sorry, but I can't let these arguments go any further without commenting. The term Panther is confusing because it refers to the black varieties of both the leopard and the jaguar. In addition, Americans may refer to the Puma/Mountain lion as a panther. The picture on Leigh's new shirt is a leopard (from shape of head and arrangement of spots). Lions, tigers, leopards and jaguars all belong to the same Genus (group) of Panthera but are different species of 'big cat'