Bateman

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Interesting to hear James Graham’s comments last night that, in his view, Batty’s selection for England is a must.
josie andrews

Re: Bateman

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:05 pm Interesting to hear James Graham’s comments last night that, in his view, Batty’s selection for England is a must.
Moved to General Forum 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Fair enough Josie. I posted it in the Wigan section in response to the recent thread on John. It’s funny how the top pros and coaches rate him so highly but not some of our fans.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:43 pm Fair enough Josie. I posted it in the Wigan section in response to the recent thread on John. It’s funny how the top pros and coaches rate him so highly but not some of our fans.
He hasn’t played to his potential for us since he came back apart from the odd piece. And probably a lot of Wigan fans rate this performance for us as not worthy of marquee money.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:14 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:43 pm Fair enough Josie. I posted it in the Wigan section in response to the recent thread on John. It’s funny how the top pros and coaches rate him so highly but not some of our fans.
He hasn’t played to his potential for us since he came back apart from the odd piece. And probably a lot of Wigan fans rate this performance for us as not worthy of marquee money.
He's a big game player who rarely has a bad game, but I understand your point of view. He was good tonight.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He's not the player he was before he went down under yet I think wigan are a better side with him in it,so it must be a style change he's under gone may be I'm not sure but I'd sooner he play than not.

More worrying is unless Lenegan has invested in an age reducing potion company the bigger problem wigan have is Liam Farrell getting older now he is a player who's missed every game he doesn't play how do you replace him
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:05 pm He's not the player he was before he went down under yet I think wigan are a better side with him in it,so it must be a style change he's under gone may be I'm not sure but I'd sooner he play than not.

More worrying is unless Lenegan has invested in an age reducing potion company the bigger problem wigan have is Liam Farrell getting older now he is a player who's missed every game he doesn't play how do you replace him
The short answer is you don’t.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:51 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:05 pm He's not the player he was before he went down under yet I think wigan are a better side with him in it,so it must be a style change he's under gone may be I'm not sure but I'd sooner he play than not.

The short answer is you don’t.
Exactly I fear the Perl is going to be harder to replace than Lockers was
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can't we just knit another one?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:14 pm
I agree.
Although Batty doesn’t seem the player he was, he’s still a decent player.
The gripe is with most Wigan fans is the marquee money, you feel like he should be a stand out performance most games but he’s just more solid than anything