England Squad v France

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: England Squad v France

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:02 pm I'd be more than happy for Welsby to get MotM in every game, if it got us to the Final.
Oh I'm the same but there are other players out there though it just gets tedious as a point t of commentary for me.

For me the best commentators don't point out the obvious players they paint a scene the current crop though don't it's the same old same old.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I agree with this, many a time i shall watch a game on mute which gives a more positive viewing experience. This in itself should not really occur.

it is also frustrating that if the summarisers are not talking about the same specific players, they painstakingly refer to elements that occur as though the viewer is either dumb or never experienced anything rugby league before.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:23 pm I agree with this, many a time i shall watch a game on mute which gives a more positive viewing experience. This in itself should not really occur.

it is also frustrating that if the summarisers are not talking about the same specific players, they painstakingly refer to elements that occur as though the viewer is either dumb or never experienced anything rugby league before.
That's exactly what the game is hoping for. New viewers that may not be that experienced in watching RL. The commentators are taking that into account - maybe a bit too much for the regular viewer, but it's intentional for sure.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

i understand it to a point, for instance in the Jon Wells sections, but within the main flow of the game feels almost counter intuitive and at worst patronising