Are you advertising the RLWC?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Are you advertising the RLWC?

Post by moto748 »

I post on a few talkboards, not all rugby-related. Most have a general section where off-topic subjects can be discussed, and RLWC threads have been started. Once by me, with very limited success, I have to say :) , and elsewhere by others. Where I've seen a lot of "I'm a union fan usually, but I've been watching, and it should get good in the final stages...". I think the comp has been pretty good so, far, and we have a great product that most of the country doesn't really understand. I still think there is an untapped market for our game in the UK. Getting people talking about it is a start.
moto748

Re: Are you advertising the RLWC?

Post by moto748 »

And also, watching the Kiwis game, to see how Andrew Voss sees the game as fun and entertainment, even though the score-line was so one-sided (and, to be fair to Jamaica, they never shouldered arms and came out with enormous credit, I think), if only our media could take the same approach.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

moto748 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:23 am And also, watching the Kiwis game, to see how Andrew Voss sees the game as fun and entertainment, even though the score-line was so one-sided (and, to be fair to Jamaica, they never shouldered arms and came out with enormous credit, I think), if only our media could take the same approach.
I am away with a group of friends who have no knowledge of rugby league and didn’t know the World Cup was on.

I put the game on and they weren’t paying much notice but they were laughing and commenting on the commentary.

Notably picking up on random babbling that was going on and some very strong northern accents.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s running true to form really if we are honest we all expected the big 3 to get to at lest the quarter finals so perhaps the biggest surprise has been the Samoa defeat,it’ll be interesting if they can put it behind them.

I caught the end of the Jamaica game and have to say was chuffed to see them as score,I hope they embrace the sport on the island we shall see,the biggest starry though for me has been Greece the insanity of those lads having to play under cover just to get here is inspiring.

The presentation bar Voss and Graham (love his maghull accent coming through)the rest though as uninspiring as the sky bunch of chumps,sad that I said on another thread good commentators paint a picture of what’s going on and don’t need to keep on harping about the artist this lot bleat on and on about 1 or 2 players it’s a team game after all oh and shut up every now and again let the action do the talking.

My first game tomorrow and sort of looking forward to it been a bit of a break so a bit rusty at just going to the game,but in good conscience come on Tonga !!! Have to really the wife is some part Welsh so have to even it up.