Sam Lisone's first words after Leeds Rhinos arrival and update on partner Georgia Hale's potential move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Sam Lisone's first words after Leeds Rhinos arrival and update on partner Georgia Hale's potential move

Post by josie andrews »

Lisone might not be the only in the family playing for the Rhinos next year.

Sam Lisone could yet be joined in blue and amber by his wife. The prop has signed a two-year deal with Leeds Rhinos in a move that makes him the club's eighth signing ahead of 2023.

While his arrival is a boost to Rohan's Smith side, the deal could yet benefit Lois Forsell's women's team too. Lisone's partner is Georgia Hale, the Kiwi Ferns vice-captain. Hale, who is currently in the UK for the World Cup. The Rhinos are on the lookout for a halfback with Courtney Wingfield-Hill taking a break and Hale could be that person.

In an update, Lisone confirmed talks were in place for his partner to join him, with a decision to be made in the coming weeks. “Georgia is over in the next few weeks for the World Cup and I know she is going to come to Headingley to have a look around," he said. "I’ll leave her future up to her but it is great to know that the Rhinos are serious about their men's and women's teams, as that is important to us.”

Lisone went on to reveal his past affiliation with coach Rohan Smith. “Rohan and I had a very close relationship when he was at the Warriors and I worked closely with him and he helped me a lot with my game. I have always liked what he was about; the way he trains his teams. He gave me a call and, to be honest, we never stopped talking, when he told me there could be a position at Leeds for me, my heart was set on the move straight away. You only need to look at what he did at Leeds this year, taking the team into the Grand Final, to know how good he is."

He added: “I am excited to join up with the Rhinos. I have never been to England but I am keen to get over there. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the club and I can’t wait to get over and meet the fans. It is a new chapter for me and a fresh start, not just for playing but a new lifestyle, in a new country. I have got a lot of mates in Super League and I grew up in Auckland with David Fusitu’a, he’s probably one of the reasons why I wanted to come to Leeds because we were childhood friends.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-25336003
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan