England Vs Greece

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: England Vs Greece

Post by fozzieskem »

endoman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm Whoever was in charge of pricing needs a reality check. Too late now, but you ain't attracting those on the fence at those prices. 2 of us will be there next week and it's the most I've ever paid to see a game at Wigan.
Weren't the organisers at one point bigging up they'd sell a million tickets?

The prices are way over the top the moon units who organised this should have realised it months if not years back
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 pm
endoman wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm Whoever was in charge of pricing needs a reality check. Too late now, but you ain't attracting those on the fence at those prices. 2 of us will be there next week and it's the most I've ever paid to see a game at Wigan.

The prices are way over the top the moon units who organised this should have realised it months if not years back
Unfortunately as fans we've done the ticket prices to death on the forums. The RLWC committee are only going to big it up as a massive success, whilst the majority of league fans are gutted cos they havent been able to attend any / many games because of the pricing structures. i've used the example previously of the Tonga games at Saints, why not do 2 for £x, to get people to both games and knock £10-15 off the cost of 2 tickets, as those games deserved bigger crowds than they got (just an example of what could have been done to make things better, besides just dropping the cost)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I would normally go to all the England games & also the NZ games if they are local, but could not justify paying a premium for seats I would want. There is no way I can pay the cheap prices of tickets as I wouldn’t be able for health reasons to sit up at the top of a stand. Those days are long gone even with the use of lifts as can’t use them any more ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I have to admit that I didn’t buy a ticket when the RL announced that the DW wasn’t in the mix. I have now relented and purchased one for next weekend after the powers that be were forced to change their plans. I am happy for the RL to spread the message but if they are going to do that then tickets should be cheap in order to attract new supporters/participants. To prioritise football grounds over RL grounds is stupid.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:11 pm I have to admit that I didn’t buy a ticket when the RL announced that the DW wasn’t in the mix. I have now relented and purchased one for next weekend after the powers that be were forced to change their plans. I am happy for the RL to spread the message but if they are going to do that then tickets should be cheap in order to attract new supporters/participants. To prioritise football grounds over RL grounds is stupid.
How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking & for which stand?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

the pieman wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:33 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 pm

Unfortunately as fans we've done the ticket prices to death on the forums. The RLWC committee are only going to big it up as a massive success, whilst the majority of league fans are gutted cos they havent been able to attend any / many games because of the pricing structures. i've used the example previously of the Tonga games at Saints, why not do 2 for £x, to get people to both games and knock £10-15 off the cost of 2 tickets, as those games deserved bigger crowds than they got (just an example of what could have been done to make things better, besides just dropping the cost)
Completely agree with you,the group games where always going to be a tough sell at the prices they went for,even allowing for the cheaper price when they went on sale,first Covid then the cost of living crisis added to the squeeze on peoples finances as you say a bit of creativity to get more people over the door would have worked wonders.

Another gripe on this subject is listening to podcasts no surprise this issue has been raised and the general view is “they’re cheap enough”,well that’s a bit bloody rich coming from members of the press who don’t pay for their tickets,easy to spend other peoples money for them when it’s not yours.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:13 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:11 pm I have to admit that I didn’t buy a ticket when the RL announced that the DW wasn’t in the mix. I have now relented and purchased one for next weekend after the powers that be were forced to change their plans. I am happy for the RL to spread the message but if they are going to do that then tickets should be cheap in order to attract new supporters/participants. To prioritise football grounds over RL grounds is stupid.
£25 in the South Stand Josie.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'm in the North stand but I'm sure when we booked it was the anfield game obviously it changed but we had pretty decent seats but now stuck behind the sticks,can't find the original email though sadly to check
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:00 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:13 pm
£25 in the South Stand Josie.
Not too bad 😊
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:47 pm I'm in the North stand but I'm sure when we booked it was the anfield game obviously it changed but we had pretty decent seats but now stuck behind the sticks,can't find the original email though sadly to check
I think the game should have been at Bolton.