George Williams opens up on cancer scare during his time at Wigan Warriors

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

George Williams opens up on cancer scare during his time at Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Described as “world class” by Jon Wilkin, Williams has kissed goodbye to his struggles at Warrington Wolves and has been outstanding scoring two tries in three games and creating plenty of the tries England have scored during the tournament.

He captained England yesterday and was named Man of the Match against France.

Living the dream, it hasn’t always been easy for Williams. Of course his struggles since the move to Warrington have been well documented but what is less so is the cancer scare he had in 2014 when he was 19 and just about breaking into the Wigan Warriors team.

He spoke about this yesterday on BBC: “In 2014 I think it was, it was a really worrying time for me and my family. I was 19 years old, just started playing for Wigan, living my dream and I thought ‘right I’m in now.’

“Then we had this massive scare, thought I had cancer so it was pretty big news for me and my family.

“People deal with that daily, but it really rattled me. Fortunately it wasn’t but it was a tough time for me and my family for six or seven weeks. I had to have an operation.

“It’s part of me now and I appreciate my job, I love what I do and I love my dream every day.”

Fortunately for the nation’s World Cup hopes, Williams got over this and is fit and healthy to lead England to World Cup glory.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/george-w ... ors-61396/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan