Former Wigan Warriors forward locks in club for 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Former Wigan Warriors forward locks in club for 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Newcastle Thunder have announced that Mitch Clark will remain at the club for the 2023 Betfred Championship season as the club continues to tie down a number of their star players in recent weeks such as another former Wigan Warriors man Jake Shorrocks.

Clark, an experienced prop, initially joined Thunder on loan from Super League outfit Wigan Warriors during the 2021 season but made the move permanent ahead of the 2022 campaign.

In his first full season in the North East, the 29-year-old was a regular feature amongst the match-day squad and went on to make 25 appearances for the club, scoring one try.

Speaking on his decision to stay at Thunder for the 2023 season, Clark said: ‘I’m here to work hard, nothing changes.

“I’ve set myself goals for next year and I’m itching to get stuck into the challenge of preseason training with the squad.”

Newcastle Thunder Chair, Keith Christie had commented previously on the retention of players saying: “It’s naturally been a turbulent time for a lot of the lads over the last few months, but we’re delighted to have been able to retain some of the great talent from last year.

I’m personally very pleased that some of the lads from last year will be around and as a club we want to thank them for their ongoing commitment to Newcastle Thunder.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former-w ... 023-61573/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan