Krisnan Inu returns to former Super League club to be assistant coach

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Krisnan Inu returns to former Super League club to be assistant coach

Post by josie andrews »

Krisnan Inu has returned to Salford Red Devils and will become the club’s new assistant coach.

The 35-year-old will assist Paul Rowley alongside Kurt Haggerty having retired from the game recently.

Inu made 53 appearances for the Red Devils during his three-year stint at the AJ Bell Stadium, scoring 24 tries and kicking 195 goals as he helped the club reach the 2019 Super League Grand Final and 2020 Challenge Cup final.

Speaking after returning Salford, Inu said: “I’m excited to be coming home and joining the staff in a role I wasn’t expecting to come into.

“I’m grateful and proud to be helping the team reach their goals and get them to where they deserve to be – and that’s in the top six. I can’t wait for the challenges ahead and I’m looking forward to what the next few seasons bring.”

Head Coach, Paul Rowley added: “It’s really pleasing that Kris has decided to join us on the coaching staff. His knowledge of the game is first class and he is respected throughout the game on both sides of the world.

“Kris has had a fantastic playing career and made a positive impact at each club he’s represented – one of those, of course, being Salford.

With that in mind, I not only welcome an intelligent and experienced rugby guy, but more importantly a trusted friend who I am looking forward to helping him on the next phase of his rugby journey.”

Director of Rugby and Operations, Ian Blease also said: “We’re delighted to welcome Krisnan back to the Club in his first off-the-field venture as Assistant Coach. He has a big personality, is a positive human and will be a strong influence around the group and club.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/krisnan- ... ach-61690/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan