Papua New Guinea speedster keen on UK move after stunning Rugby League World Cup display

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Papua New Guinea speedster keen on UK move after stunning Rugby League World Cup display

Post by josie andrews »

The winger scored two tries in PNG's victory over Wales.

Papua New Guinea flier Jimmy Ngutlik has confirmed he is keen on making the move to UK after his dazzling performance for the Kumuls. Ngutlik was PNG's standout star in their victory over Wales, scoring a stunning solo try as they advanced to the quarter-finals.

Ngutlik is now likely to feature for PNG against England in the last eight, the biggest game of his career so far. And it comes with an added incentive. The 22-year-old is actively considering a move to the Northern Hemisphere and will now be able to prove himself against some of the best players on this side of the globe.

He made one appearance for the Western Suburbs Magpies in the NSW Cup this year but now wants to push his career on further. Rugby League Live understands a number of clubs have been alerted to his availability this week. Speaking ahead of Saturday's clash, he said: "It's definitely an option. Me and my manager are talking through things now. Hopefully there will be some options.

After the World Cup I'll look around and see what my options are, but it's getting close to pre-season so I guess I need to look at what my options are."

Ngutlik has grasped his opportunity with both hands following a tournament-ending injury for Xavier Coates. "I was just more privileged to be selected," he said. "Being with the boys, I just wanted to prove myself to them and leave it out there."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... p-25437707
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan