Samoa v Tonga

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Dreamteam

Re: Samoa v Tonga

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:19 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:29 pm They are big players but slow in almost everything they do.
England are also big but very mobile. Not one prop playing today would I swap for Tom Burgess or Chris Hill. Our passing is faster and more accurate.
Can't see past anything but an England win b y a large margin.

Papalii is better than both of those easy but this is the best I’ve seen Tom play for England and same with hill. There will still be people crying about hill starting in the semis ignoring how bang average Knowles and lees have been
If Burgess and Hill maintain their form I think England are red hot favourites next week. I think Knowles had a good game against PNG, Lees for me is bang average. Welsby needs to step up to the mark, he was average behind a dominant pack.
Definitely should be beating that Samoan team next week. I was actually glad they won in the end Tonga have a lot of front in the pack that could easily match us where in the Samoan team there’s a few lads getting on. I don’t mind welsby not having a great game it’s his first game back with George since the first game so understandable. The conditions also suited George a lot more as well. People moaning about cooper but he had double post contact meters than lees. Lees also missed 8 tackles. How bad is that for an interchange prop
josie andrews

Re: Samoa v Tong

Post by josie andrews »

I think Burgess, Cooper & Hill, who think is playing his best rugby league for a long, long time, are perfect props.

I would have had a couple of other forwards rather than Lees & Batchelor. The only Saints player deserving of his place IMO is Makinson. Welsby is too immature to play internationals!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:41 pm I think Burgess, Cooper & Hill, who think is playing his best rugby league for a long, long time, are perfect props.

I would have had a couple of other forwards rather than Lees & Batchelor. The only Saints player deserving of his place IMO is Makinson. Welsby is too immature to play internationals!
Percival doesn’t get into this team either. Glad he’s enjoying his holiday when he was perfectly fit to play for saints in the final and semi
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:52 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:41 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:19 pm

Papalii is better than both of those easy but this is the best I’ve seen Tom play for England and same with hill. There will still be people crying about hill starting in the semis ignoring how bang average Knowles and lees have been
If Burgess and Hill maintain their form I think England are red hot favourites next week. I think Knowles had a good game against PNG, Lees for me is bang average. Welsby needs to step up to the mark, he was average behind a dominant pack.
Definitely should be beating that Samoan team next week. I was actually glad they won in the end Tonga have a lot of front in the pack that could easily match us where in the Samoan team there’s a few lads getting on. I don’t mind welsby not having a great game it’s his first game back with George since the first game so understandable. The conditions also suited George a lot more as well. People moaning about cooper but he had double post contact meters than lees. Lees also missed 8 tackles. How bad is that for an interchange prop
Welsby has to run the ball/take it to the line, his only play on Saturday was to drop the ball off to Bateman. Thompson in place of Lees for me.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:41 pm I think Burgess, Cooper & Hill, who think is playing his best rugby league for a long, long time, are perfect props.

To be fair to Welsby he is not a half back.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:04 pm

That’s what he is supposed to be! He can play anywhere in the back line can ‘golden child’!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:24 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:04 pm

That’s what he is supposed to be! He can play anywhere in the back line can ‘golden child’!
If you listen to those idiots on TV you would think so.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Cracking game. I was pleased Samoa won, mostlly because their Penrith connection means a lot to a friend.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 am Cracking game. I was pleased Samoa won, mostlly because their Penrith connection means a lot to a friend.
I’m glad Samoa won because Kristian Wolfe is the coach 😂😂
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 am Cracking game. I was pleased Samoa won, mostlly because their Penrith connection means a lot to a friend.
It certainly was moto. However some of the posts on this topic seem to be carryover from our drubbing of PNG apparently! Josie seems to have some sort of resentment for Welsby. Why? The lads a talented RL player. Where they play is down to the coach full stop!Lets not get into a similar situation we had concerning Powell. Not good. Our game v Samoa will test both teams and I see no reason for SW to change his Winning side from the one that decimated PNG.