World Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
First Try Tickle

World Cup Final

Post by First Try Tickle »

Spent all morning trying to get decent tickets for the final, but the ticket booking site is so hard to use. You pick your section, the number of tickets then after pardoning my interruption it says my selection is unavailable. Then when you finally find a section with availability it doesn't tell you what row is available until after you've paid.

So, a word of warning to anyone thinking of waiting until after Saturday's result to decide, there is hardly anything left so you may be disappointed. Even the £150 tickets are in tier 3 of the north stand.

As for Saturday, all the lower section has sold out and we have got tickets in row 23 of the top section.
josie andrews

Re: World Cup Final

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 am Spent all morning trying to get decent tickets for the final, but the ticket booking site is so hard to use. You pick your section, the number of tickets then after pardoning my interruption it says my selection is unavailable. Then when you finally find a section with availability it doesn't tell you what row is available until after you've paid.

So, a word of warning to anyone thinking of waiting until after Saturday's result to decide, there is hardly anything left so you may be disappointed. Even the £150 tickets are in tier 3 of the north stand.

As for Saturday, all the lower section has sold out and we have got tickets in row 23 of the top section.
It is a terrible site to use & I’ve told them. Friends of mine, the lady has MS & is in wheelchair. Her husband requested accessible wheelchair tickets for the game at the DW only to be told there wasn’t wheelchair availability at the stadium!

There are several platforms around the DW, so that shouldn’t be an issue but Ticketmaster kept saying there was no access for wheelchairs.

If they hadn’t persisted about accessible wheelchair access they wouldn’t have gone to the game. How many other disabled people in wheelchairs didn’t attend because of this?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've pretty much given up on the Final. I've spent as much on WC tickets as I think i can afford already, considering it's all on the telly.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:14 am
First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:36 am Spent all morning trying to get decent tickets for the final, but the ticket booking site is so hard to use. You pick your section, the number of tickets then after pardoning my interruption it says my selection is unavailable. Then when you finally find a section with availability it doesn't tell you what row is available until after you've paid.

It is a terrible site to use & I’ve told them. Friends of mine, the lady has MS & is in wheelchair. Her husband requested accessible wheelchair tickets for the game at the DW only to be told there wasn’t wheelchair availability at the stadium!

There are several platforms around the DW, so that shouldn’t be an issue but Ticketmaster kept saying there was no access for wheelchairs.

If they hadn’t persisted about accessible wheelchair access they wouldn’t have gone to the game. How many other disabled people in wheelchairs didn’t attend because of this?
Is there any estinated numbers so far for our semi and the final. Seen a few week ago emirates had sold 40 k so should be at least 50k There. Not heard anything on the final suppose it would go up massively if we win
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:52 pm I've pretty much given up on the Final. I've spent as much on WC tickets as I think i can afford already, considering it's all on the telly.
Same here the cost,not just of the tickets themselves but the time the wife would have to take off work makes it an expensive day so sadly we will have to pass on it
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

The site is crap! All it does is crash!
God knows how many attempts it took me to get the tickets.
Ironically I couldn’t even go in the end😆
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Picked the section I wanted for the final and got that but the tickets are in row 2 and I hate being low down. Not giving you the choice of seats is nonsense . The Grand Final gives you the choice so it should be easy to duplicate that system . Obviously trying to make sure not single seats are left but at the prices they are charging we deserve the choice we want.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

The whole ticketing set up and pricing has been an absolute farce, with unrealistic prices that the majority of people are not willing to pay.
Friends wanted to attend the DW quarter final, but cheapest tickets that were still available were £55, so they didn't go.
We paid for £25 seats and ended up with fairly decent seats, by luck, but the central sections of the North and South stands, priced at £35, had quite a few empty seats and the West stand had large sections empty, because of high ticket prices. This game should have been a sellout.
Whoever put the ticketing system and prices in place should hang their head in shame.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:23 pm The whole ticketing set up and pricing has been an absolute farce, with unrealistic prices that the majority of people are not willing to pay.
Friends wanted to attend the DW quarter final, but cheapest tickets that were still available were £55, so they didn't go.
We paid for £25 seats and ended up with fairly decent seats, by luck, but the central sections of the North and South stands, priced at £35, had quite a few empty seats and the West stand had large sections empty, because of high ticket prices. This game should have been a sellout.
Whoever put the ticketing system and prices in place should hang their head in shame.
He used to be CEO at Wigan before Kris Radlinski got the job.
Mick Hogan - World Cup Revenue Director talks to Martyn Sadler

MICK HOGAN has spent all his working life in both codes of rugby. Until recently he was the Chairman of Newcastle Thunder and the Managing Director of Newcastle Falcons and he was at one time the CEO of Wigan Warriors and then of Sale Sharks.

Now he is the Revenue Director for the Rugby League World Cup, to be held in England later this year.

League Express editor MARTYN SADLER has known Mick for much of that time.

In this Zoomcast, the two of them discuss Mick’s various roles in the game and what he has learned in those positions. They then turn their attention to the World Cup.

We hope you will enjoy listening to one of the most experienced administrators in the game.

https://www.totalrl.com/mick-hogan-worl ... yn-sadler/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I had a lousy seat at the DW for 70 quid in the West Stand; Row B. Which means, out in the rain! :(

Fortunately, there was acres of space behind me, including some rows apparently not used at all. Which I thought was pretty disgraceful.