World Cup Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: World Cup Final

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:35 pm I had a lousy seat at the DW for 70 quid in the West Stand; Row B. Which means, out in the rain! :(

Fortunately, there was acres of space behind me, including some rows apparently not used at all. Which I thought was pretty disgraceful.
Our tickets were £55 I sat part way up & still got wet & there wasn’t half a draft coming from the concourse steps 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I kept glancing over to the east stand and grumbling “there’s some bugger in my seat” :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:06 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:35 pm I had a lousy seat at the DW for 70 quid in the West Stand; Row B. Which means, out in the rain! :(

Fortunately, there was acres of space behind me, including some rows apparently not used at all. Which I thought was pretty disgraceful.
You should have paid £25 in the South Stand, no rain or drafts where I was. I normally sit in the West Stand but I enjoyed the view from behind the posts, it takes me back to the
Our tickets were £55 I sat part way up & still got wet & there wasn’t half a draft coming from the concourse steps 😂
You should have paid £25 and sat in the South Stand - no rain or draughts where I was 😀. I also enjoyed watching the match from a different angle (I normally sit in the West Stand). It reminded me of watching at Central Park.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:27 am I kept glancing over to the east stand and grumbling “there’s some bugger in my seat” :lol:
We were all in the North and there were people in our seats, then people in their seats and so on. Turns out the stewards were saying sit where you like.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just don't like being behind the goals much. It's a bit of a different story at away games, but at home, I want a better view than that.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:29 am I just don't like being behind the goals much. It's a bit of a different story at away games, but at home, I want a better view than that.
I personally dislike the view from the side unless I'm up very high. You just can't see the gaps developing in the defensive lines. You're often reduced to wondering how exactly they appear on the other side of the defence. Its just where I was brought up watching on the Spion Kop I suppose.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐