Tee Ritson bids farewell to Barrow Raiders after St Helens switch as he humbly reflects on career

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tee Ritson bids farewell to Barrow Raiders after St Helens switch as he humbly reflects on career

Post by josie andrews »

Tee Ritson is moving on to the next exciting chapter of his career as he joins Super League Champions St Helens.

Ritson was the Championship’s top try scorer in 2o22 and joins the Saints on loan for 2023 with an option to make it permanent.

Ritson has bid farewell to the Raiders on the club’s website and showed just how humble of a young man he is: “It’s an absolute dream come true for me personally. It’s been an ambition of mine to play at the top level and now I’ve got the chance to do that.

“I think that being at a club like Saints, with the wealth of knowledge there and experience of all their players, I’m only going to grow and improve.

“I know I’m far from the finished product, but being in their environment is only going to benefit me as a player.

“I’ll forever be grateful for Barrow. I’ve said it to a couple of guys in the past, that Barrow has a special place in my heart.

It’s the best club I’ve been involved in so far in my career – I’m not afraid to say that.

“They’ve done a lot for me, so I hope I’ve repaid them with my performances on the field. I hope I’ve made the fans proud.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/tee-rits ... eer-61931/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Tee Ritson bids farewell to Barrow Raiders after St Helens switch as he humbly reflects on career

Post by josie andrews »

Took them long enough to announce it!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Tee Ritson bids farewell to Barrow Raiders after St Helens switch as he humbly reflects on career

Post by the pieman »

i think the loan move is quite a smart move by Saints

i've watched him this season, and yes he's fast, but doesnt appear to have a rugby brain as such. If they put him in space he'll go, but dont think he'll be doing the donkey work or creating anything for others

wouldnt be a surprise if he's back in Barrow in 12 months time
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Saints edges are really average apart from Tommy. Hurell is only good with a world class winger next to him. Percival always picks up an injury a season and ritson and benninson are championship standard. What they do have tho is a pack that gets them so much field position they could have hanley on the wing and they’d still be the best team itl comfortably
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I know someone who regularly watched Barrow and he said ritson is fast but he is crap defensively
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Bennison is better than Championship standard. After a rather shakey start, he's had a good season and looks a decent prospect. But yeah, there's no x-factor in their backs except Makinson.