England Vs Samoa

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: England Vs Samoa

Post by moto748 »

Feel for Waney. He wasn't on the pitch, we butchered chances and handed them some soft tries. Plus, Samoa were very good. Luai is some player.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:32 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:25 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:19 pm Wane has to take this one I'm afraid.

With Radley at 9 England look a massive threat.

With McIllorum there.................well.

It was working and Wane put him back on!
Really? so the really costly defensive errors are nothing to so with it? Just Wanes team pick.

Semi final rugby and Watkins dropped the ball on a certain try. Dom Young dropped a simple catch, Radley gave a hospital pass which got intercepted.

None of these players have played badly but in test rugby errors like that are costly.
His game management.
Sorry your talking Wet. 3 Samao tries and the position for the drop goal came of individual errors. That wasn't game management. Micky Mac doesn't set a foot wrong in the game but you single his selection and Wane out.

Welsby knocked on in GP, Tomkins threw a forward pass maybe the shouldn't have been picked?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:35 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:33 pm Always felt this would be a tough,tough game best side won
Frankly if you took away the NRL players from the England team, we would have lost by 50.

Worrying for RL in this country and something to ponder the next time the RFL reduce the salary cap in real terms whilst pandering to Castleford and Hull KR.
I agree thoroughly!
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:37 pm Feel for Waney. He wasn't on the pitch, we butchered chances and handed them some soft tries. Plus, Samoa were very good. Luai is some player.
This all the way. Players saved their worst for last.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:39 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Really? so the really costly defensive errors are nothing to so with it? Just Wanes team pick.

Semi final rugby and Watkins dropped the ball on a certain try. Dom Young dropped a simple catch, Radley gave a hospital pass which got intercepted.

None of these players have played badly but in test rugby errors like that are costly.
His game management.
Sorry your talking Wet. 3 Samao tries and the position for the drop goal came of individual errors. That wasn't game management. Micky Mac doesn't set a foot wrong in the game but you single his selection and Wane out.

Welsby knocked on in GP, Tomkins threw a forward pass maybe the shouldn't have been picked?
You don't think we dipped when McIllorum came back on? It's a view I suppose.....
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 pm Radley is immense!

10/10 at 13 and now doing the business at 9.
You are joking! Very poor before he went off and then that superb offload interception try as well. I was annoyed that the BBC picked him as motm at Newcastle to show we needed an Australian in our side to win when for all money it was George Williams.
Was Skys/John Wilkins love child on the pitch today??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:45 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:39 pm

His game management.

You don't think we dipped when McIllorum came back on? It's a view I suppose.....
It dipped when Burgess went off. What I find interesting is you putting it down to a player selection who played well, while others actually cost us the game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't bag Welsby cos he's a Saints player, but where was he today? Not too many shone. The props were all pretty good, Whitehead and Herbie too. Makinson didn't do much wrong that I recall, and he kicked the goals.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:35 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:33 pm Always felt this would be a tough,tough game best side won
Frankly if you took away the NRL players from the England team, we would have lost by 50.

Worrying for RL in this country and something to ponder the next time the RFL reduce the salary cap in real terms whilst pandering to Castleford and Hull KR.
Good point about intensity in the SL.

We played most of the game clunky, kept in it by individual efforts. Too many mistakes and poor game management....I'm resisting picking out individuals right now but that will come.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 pm I don't bag Welsby cos he's a Saints player, but where was he today? Not too many shone. The props were all pretty good, Whitehead and Herbie too. Makinson didn't do much wrong that I recall, and he kicked the goals.
Well let’s just say he filled a shirt nothing more,this is what irritates me with RL coverage they anoint a player as the best thing since the last big thing but refuse to lay any criticism of said player there’s no balance at all,and that’s not just aimed at Welsby today it’s all “golden child”of the moment.