Newcastle Knights signing Jackson Hastings reveals why he left Salford Red Devils & Wigan Warriors

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Newcastle Knights signing Jackson Hastings reveals why he left Salford Red Devils & Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

NEWCASTLE Knights signing Jackson Hastings has revealed why he left Salford Red Devils and Wigan Warriors to ultimately make his return to the NRL.

Hastings first moved to UK shores back in 2018, leaving behind the Manly Sea Eagles after a fallout with lynchpin Daly Cherry-Evans.

Whereas in Australia the halfback was a relative unknown, Hastings soon became one of Super League’s brightest talents, helping Salford to first stay in the top flight in 2018 and then guiding the Red Devils to the Grand Final in 2019.

After winning the Man of Steel for his performances during 2019, Hastings was snapped up by Wigan and he once more helped his new club to a Grand Final.

But, the 26-year-old revealed that it was a very difficult decision to sign for the Warriors.

“I made a hard decision to sign for Wigan. Wigan are a massive powerhouse, massive club, not only in England it’s known well in Australia,” Hastings told the Newcastle Knights website.

“I wanted to win a comp so I thought my best chance to win a comp was at Wigan and I also wanted to be in a position where I was gonna be on TV nearly every week.”

Though the 26-year-old lost both showpiece events at Old Trafford, his performances left NRL clubs chasing him and now he has explained why he made the decision to return home after leaving such a massive legacy in the UK.

“Watching boys my age playing in the NRL killing it and playing State of Origin, it just sort of lit that fire for me.

“(I thought) I needed to make something of myself because I’m just throwing away this talent I’ve got.”

https://www.totalrl.com/newcastle-knigh ... -warriors/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Newcastle Knights signing Jackson Hastings reveals why he left Salford Red Devils & Wigan Warriors

Post by Caboosegg »

Good riddance.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
w.thomas

Re: Newcastle Knights signing Jackson Hastings reveals why he left Salford Red Devils & Wigan Warriors

Post by w.thomas »

Arrogant pig. That reads for me as he feels like he was Wasting his mega talent in a poor competition (SL) he was decent for us but he’s no world beater, he’s mega slow for the NRL. I reckon he will end up back in SL in the very near future. I’d have French or field over him any day of the week. First class whopper
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

w.thomas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:52 pm Arrogant pig. That reads for me as he feels like he was Wasting his mega talent in a poor competition (SL) he was decent for us but he’s no world beater, he’s mega slow for the NRL. I reckon he will end up back in SL in the very near future. I’d have French or field over him any day of the week. First class whopper
I'd argue ( and said this while he was here) that he was a major part of our issues. Salford built a team around him as the big fish and main player and it worked, at wigan it didn't as he was meant to be as cog but tried to do everything.

Some of the play he had with faz where brilliant but equally he killed just as many sets.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:51 am NEWCASTLE Knights signing Jackson Hastings has revealed why he left Salford Red Devils and Wigan Warriors to ultimately make his return to the NRL.

Hastings first moved to UK shores back in 2018, leaving behind the Manly Sea Eagles after a fallout with lynchpin Daly Cherry-Evans.

Whereas in Australia the halfback was a relative unknown, Hastings soon became one of Super League’s brightest talents, helping Salford to first stay in the top flight in 2018 and then guiding the Red Devils to the Grand Final in 2019.

After winning the Man of Steel for his performances during 2019, Hastings was snapped up by Wigan and he once more helped his new club to a Grand Final.

But, the 26-year-old revealed that it was a very difficult decision to sign for the Warriors.

“I made a hard decision to sign for Wigan. Wigan are a massive powerhouse, massive club, not only in England it’s known well in Australia,” Hastings told the Newcastle Knights website.

“I wanted to win a comp so I thought my best chance win a comp was at Wigan and I also wanted to be in a position where I was gonna be on TV nearly every week.”

Though the 26-year-old lost both showpiece events at Old Trafford, his performances left NRL clubs chasing him and now he has explained why he made the decision to return home after leaving such a massive legacy in the UK.

“Watching boys my age playing in the NRL killing it and playing State of Origin, it just sort of lit that fire for me.

“(I thought) I needed to make something of myself because I’m just throwing away this talent I’ve got.”

https://www.totalrl.com/newcastle-knigh ... -warriors/
He obviously fancies himself as a good player and he’s not all that.
Think that will show or has shown with his move back to the NRL.
These are the kind of players we shouldn’t be signing.
The player should be for the club and his performances will come with that.
Glad he’s gone!