Warrington splashing the cash, again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
First Try Tickle

Re: Warrington splashing the cash, again

Post by First Try Tickle »

A steady signing, someone to bring some experience and let big nose play his own game.

Warrington are building a team around Williams, be funny if they start to show something and then he tootles off to the NRL again.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Russell makes bold prediction about what Warrington Wolves can achieve as he rejoins the club for 2023

Matty Russell is back at Warrington in 2023.

After years away from the club playing for the likes of Toronto Wolfpack, Leigh Leopards and Toulouse Olympique he returns to a club where he had success winning the League Leaders’ Sheild in 2016 and playing in both major finals.

Russell is a Scottish international and will wear the number 34 shirt in 2023 as he becomes the club’s likely last signing for the new season.

But what can the Wolves accomplish in 2023 with some of the star names they have drafted into the squad?

They finished 11th last year, but on signing for the club, Russell is tipping the Wolves for a big year:

“It’ll be great to see the fans again and connect with them. There’ll be some familiar faces I’m sure.

If we can find top form, which I’m very confident this team is capable of, there’s no doubt we can push for finals this year.”

It comes after the signing of Josh Drinkwater yesterday to take on the number seven shirt in 2023.

He tipped the Wolves to challenge for the title:

When you play for a club like Warrington the ambition has to be trophies. The Club wants to win Super League as do I. It’s going to be a process, there’s a pre-season ahead to get ourselves ready. With the squad we’ve got here, if we can gel and come together, I don’t see why we can’t be challenging for that.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/matty-ru ... 023-62901/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

A back line of Ashton ratchford peanut and Russell should be feared that’s for sure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:44 am A steady signing, someone to bring some experience and let big nose play his own game.

Warrington are building a team around Williams, be funny if they start to show something and then he tootles off to the NRL again.
Not according to Wire fans. I wish Williams would hop back to Wigan.