Catalans Dragons Sam Tomkins reveals regret at rejoining Wigan Warriors upon NRL exit

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Catalans Dragons Sam Tomkins reveals regret at rejoining Wigan Warriors upon NRL exit

Post by fozzieskem »

I never understood why wigan went through with him coming back with such a bad injury there comes a point for all concerned to cut losses this isn't a cash rich sport after all,bad enough when player get a nasty injury when their are playing for you but that's the nature of sport and of course we accept it,he only got anything like just before he buggered off to France,yes I know about the contract etc running down but he owed the club a year to me at least but at the end of the day who cares he's yesterday man and ill always have fond memories of his younger days.
josie andrews

Re: Catalans Dragons Sam Tomkins reveals regret at rejoining Wigan Warriors upon NRL exit

Post by josie andrews »

Well put Fozzie 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:41 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:02 pm He had an opportunity here to regain some respect by saying "i came back to Wigan and i fouled up. I regret it now."

Instead we see that he's still the self-absorbed Sam we've come to know. It happens to a lot of talented sports players. Surrounded by folk telling them how good they are, and only too ready to believe their own publicity.

Sad.
Talking of bandwagons and misreading posts, i invite some folk to re-read what i said above.

> No reference to Sam's skill or contribution as a player whatsoever.
> Nothing to say his comments are lies

I merely point out that he "fouled up" - a reference to a self-inflicted injury. I also referred to the way he, like many talented sports players, see the world as revolving round themselves.

I've always rated him as a player. My comments were about what we've seen over the years of Sam as a person. On another thread i mentioned Kevin Sinfield, also for personal qualities rather than playing ability. "Compare and contrast."
Believe it or not, Sam is quite a humble person, not at all big headed and is very grounded.